SS Brakelines

Kurbz

:
SilverP5 :D
What makes of Stainless steel brake lines are made for the p5? ive been searching but im not finding to much. Thanks for the help

Goodridge on mine.........PLEASE DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THE EBAY ONES! They aren't cheaper enough to make the leaky leaky after 6-8 months worth it. I know, I went thru 2 sets. Just spend 25.00 more to get the good s***. No problems with the goodridge ones for years now.

i was planning to buy a set from Turbomanprotege. i haven't been able to pony the money up..not yet, because of no job.. anyways. he's got a set of goodridge lines for 85.00 shipped.. go buy them.

How was the install on it? Did you get a kit made special for the p5 or was it universal? Was it a pretty big difference?

This is one of my coming mods when I go to a big brake kit drilled/slotted rotors etc....
Install was easy & kit is specific to P5/Proteges, not universal. Big brakes are a waste of money unless autoXing IMO unless you can score the factory ones off 626s or whichever car it was from junkyard cheap cheap. I would just get factory size c/s rotors. My brakes with brembo/hawk/ss lines with normal size rotors have never had any issues in any situation in 70k miles they lasted & wore very evenly. The Lomandi/R1 rotors I have now are just as good but have much less dusting than the hawks did. There are many choices for different reasons in oem size for this car. Again, big brakes on this car are for boredom, show, or serious track time. Other than that just unnecessary IMO.

Install was easy & kit is specific to P5/Proteges, not universal. Big brakes are a waste of money unless autoXing IMO unless you can score the factory ones off 626s or whichever car it was from junkyard cheap cheap. I would just get factory size c/s rotors. My brakes with brembo/hawk/ss lines with normal size rotors have never had any issues in any situation in 70k miles they lasted & wore very evenly. The Lomandi/R1 rotors I have now are just as good but have much less dusting than the hawks did. There are many choices for different reasons in oem size for this car. Again, big brakes on this car are for boredom, show, or serious track time. Other than that just unnecessary IMO.

Thanks for the input. I just don't like to chance s***, if my car can go fast I want it to be able to stop even faster...not for auto-x just so I don't die haha

Back