Squeak Fix ?

gcs118

I posted a similar thread on the other forum but got no definite responses, so I thought I would try this crowd, too. My car recently started squeaking/creaking when I go over bumps. It seems to come from the wheel well area of all 4 wheels. It will not make a sound if I simply push down on my car, and today I oiled the exhaust hangers. Still the problem persists...is there anything else I can grease up or lubricate on the suspension/chassis? Any help is much appreciated!

Strut mounts. There is a known problem with the strut mounts on all protege's. Mine were really bad, squeaked a lot, had them replaced, and everything was great from then on.

I can't hear the noise you have obviously, so I don't know if it's the same as what I had, but I thought I would mention it.

good luck

newf said:
Strut mounts. There is a known problem with the strut mounts on all protege's. Mine were really bad, squeaked a lot, had them replaced, and everything was great from then on.

I can't hear the noise you have obviously, so I don't know if it's the same as what I had, but I thought I would mention it.

good luck

What exactly is the strut mount? How can I tell if mine are worn/need replacing? Thanks for any info you can give me, pics are great, too. :)

Back