sputter/lag...

controlo

:
'07 Mazdaspeed3 Sport, Sunlight Silver
i have an injen cai and i just installed my PG test pipe today and when i shift from first to second and second to third at peak power, it stumbles for a second and then boosts fine. is this normal? my friend said its because i'm giving it too much gas and not all of it is burning... if i shift at peak power and wait a second before i go wot, it boosts fine with no stumble... i wonder what i can do to help this? octane booster? i've read about people talking about this before. thanks for any advice in advance guys! btw, i can definitely feel the difference with the test pipe. and the exhaust sounds deeper. beautiful.

oh, and it sputtered/stumbled before i put the test pipe in. its a little worse now but the test pipe isn't the cause. and i unplugged my battery for a good 5 minutes.

unplugging the battery for 5 minutes, doesn't mean you drained everything to reset the ecu. unplug the battery and turn on your lights until they shut off. then you know you drained it fully. secondly, you leaned ur car out quite a bit with the inject cai. it sounds more like overboost then anything else. try resetting again, and go from there.

unplugging the battery for 5 minutes, doesn't mean you drained everything to reset the ecu. unplug the battery and turn on your lights until they shut off. then you know you drained it fully. secondly, you leaned ur car out quite a bit with the inject cai. it sounds more like overboost then anything else. try resetting again, and go from there.

i know, i made sure i drained it... my service manager said that unplugging the battery doesn't reset everything though... for some reason, every time i take it to the dealer to get reset, after about 30 minutes of driving it freaking RIPS HARD! and then it slowly loses that little gain over a few days time. also, doesn't this car come very rich out of the factory? how would a cold air intake lean it out? wouldn't my exhaust tip be chrome if it were lean, instead of black. haha. i don't know what it is... my friend said its because it can't burn all of the fuel/closed loop. he said wrx's do it too, and they shoot fireballs (so does mine).

It shoots out fireballs.......woah. Keep me posted, im getting my Injen CAI any day now.....

i dont think it has anything to do with the brand of intake, so don't worry about it Demi. and i can assure you, my car spits FIRE. i can video tape it if you'd like. according to my friend, its not a bad thing. still not sure what the stumble is caused from though... my service manager reccomended i use an octane booster.

Back