Spotify and Pandora: Works fine.

Sassimac

:
CX-5 Diesel
Hello All...

I have been interested to read about streaming Spotify or Pandora to the audio system via Bluetooth. So in the spirit of learning and understanding, I tried item both.

Happily I can confirm both worked surprisingly well. Song information was also displayed for both services, and the forward/backward controls worked as well.

My CX5 is a February 2013 build, GT model with Bose audio. I also used an iPhone 5 on the latest iOS.

My CX5 is a February 2013 build, GT model with Bose audio. I also used an iPhone 5 on the latest iOS.

Feb 2013 build is a 2014 Model, there's no issues. I'm not a Pandora user but I did try out the Pandora feature, it works well, you can thumb up/down a song, and even quickly 1 touch make a station from the artist or song title that's currently playing.

2013 Models do not get Pandora.

Feb 2013 build is a 2014 Model, there's no issues. I'm not a Pandora user but I did try out the Pandora feature, it works well, you can thumb up/down a song, and even quickly 1 touch make a station from the artist or song title that's currently playing.

2013 Models do not get Pandora.
Yes we know; it was in all the papers!

Yes we know; it was in all the papers!

I have a 2014 cx5 and iphone5 ios 6.1.3 and every time I try pandora I get no connection Bluetooth or USB both give me app not open retry and no matter how many times I do still wont work

I have a 2014 cx5 and iphone5 ios 6.1.3 and every time I try pandora I get no connection Bluetooth or USB both give me app not open retry and no matter how many times I do still wont work

Just to cover the basics, do you have a Pandora account that you are signed into on your phone?

Can you stream via BT from another app - your iPhone's music app, for example?

So what is this about Spotify? I have a 2013 CX-9 (which I believe has the same system as the 2014 CX-5) and I don't have any Spotify integration - just Pandora.

Just to cover the basics, do you have a Pandora account that you are signed into on your phone?

Can you stream via BT from another app - your iPhone's music app, for example?

Sally_c Yes I am and yes I can stream music
Pandora starts to go then says app not started I keep opening and music is playing ( no sound) through car speakers but shows on phone as if it is playing then I close and open app again but still get same message I even checked the setting on pandora says Mazda and checked but nothing

The other thing I thought of too is to make sure you don't have AirStream checked in Pandora. Also removing your phone from your car and removing your car from the phone, the pairing again. I'm sure you've probably checked those things, but I'm just trying to cover all the basis.

I've looked around on the Apple forums and see others have had a problem with various vehicles. The solution doesn't seem to be universal. Some say that what fixed it for them was to have the phone connected to the charger and BT turned on before starting the car. Others said start the car and the phone w/ bt on but don't plug it into the USB port until the audio is streaming. Yet another person said he did a restore on his phone and it worked fine after that so maybe there was a software glitch.

If these suggestions don't help, and you don't get any others, you could go to the Apple BT forum at https://discussions.apple.com/community/peripherals/bluetooth?view=discussions and see if someone there has had experience with it.

Slacker (much better than pandora IMO) works with next and play/pause buttons, but unfortunately does not display song information, at least from my nexus 4

I've used spotify on my '14 mazda6 and can't get the metadata to display when using bluetooth playback. Wondering how it is working for you since it is the same head unit.

Hello All...

I have been interested to read about streaming Spotify or Pandora to the audio system via Bluetooth. So in the spirit of learning and understanding, I tried item both.

Happily I can confirm both worked surprisingly well. Song information was also displayed for both services, and the forward/backward controls worked as well.

I've used spotify on my '14 mazda6 and can't get the metadata to display when using bluetooth playback. Wondering how it is working for you since it is the same head unit.

Phone? OS version? Try rebooting the phone and/or delete and reinstall Spotify. Every now and then I have issues and this fixes it.

Why are using such an old iOS version? 6.1.3? I am guessing you are running it under jailbreak...after you jailbreaking iPhones a lot of stuff doesn't seem to work very good...otherwise why no updates?

The newer iOs updates include updates to both modem and BT firmware as well...and the newer iOS versions allow you to use newer versions of Pandora app as well...

Why are using such an old iOS version? 6.1.3? I am guessing you are running it under jailbreak...after you jailbreaking iPhones a lot of stuff doesn't seem to work very good...otherwise why no updates?

The newer iOs updates include updates to both modem and BT firmware as well...and the newer iOS versions allow you to use newer versions of Pandora app as well...

You realize you're responding to a post that's almost 2 years old?

Back