Sport23's MSP build thread

I love them! I still need to swap the rear pads over to the new Stoptech's since I originally ordered the Mazda6 kit. I have the new rear pads in the garage but I've been lazy. I want to replace my rear endlinks while I'm in there. If the endlinks don't get rid of the last of my clunk then I will swap the rear upper shock mounts to P5 mounts and see if that does it.

I need to find someone who sells Moog rear endlinks that are made in Mexico; they have grease fittings...

i'm glad to see someone doing the necessary mods to a car for autocross

really nice

wash that engine bay mang!

Haha, yeah it's a bit dirty everywhere. I really need rims and tires! That was my limiting factor. I have RX8 rims that I'm gonna try, we'll see about the weight.

I like the design of the rx8 rim but hate the weight and the fact that they are about two shades too light on a titanium. I want to get the curb rash fixed and get them powdercoated hypersilver before they go on the car. They were intended to be my daily driving rims but I'll give them a shot on the auto x course and see what I think. As for the FD rims, I love the size and weight but don't like the look enough for a daily driver. If I get into auto x more I may very well be in the market for some FD rims.

they may look outdated and all..but you cna't beat 16lbs rims for auto-x
i have mine wrapped on hankoocs v12s and i already did an event with them..holy s***....the car just grips like a motherfucker.

Yeah, you really can't beat them for auto x. If I'm gonna put money into some decent tires then I'll be looking for rx7 rims.

Love what you've done with the car

Thanks man. It's been slow going due to the weather and a general lack of motivation lol. It looks like my car budget is probably cut for the rest of the year too. Luckily I have a lot of parts still sitting in the garage awaiting install.

I'm still working on a new full tune with my 440 injectors. I've got plenty of fuel available to readline now and a bunch of logs to dig threw. I've been sick and switched shifts recently to I really haven't gotten much done. I should have my tune done by the end of next week. Then I need to decide if I want to go back to the dyno and see what my real numbers are. 213/215 at 107 degs ambient temp, lean over 5k, and timing pulled due to knock will not be hard to beat with new injectors and a tune!

I really want to install my down and mid pipes but they keep getting pushed back due to house projects and other factors. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. At least it's a blast to drive daily, I'm really quite happy with how the car runs as is. I think it's near perfect for an MSP with bolt ons and is a great daily driver.

i feel your paint baout time

wife is about to explode and have a baby
and i have yet to even sit and think about the tuning...

now my brother got a miata and i'm helping him build it....no time

i feel your paint baout time

wife is about to explode and have a baby
and i have yet to even sit and think about the tuning...

now my brother got a miata and i'm helping him build it....no time

Congrats on the baby! I've been watchin the posts on the FB group about the Miata; it's gonna be a nice ride! If you get the chance to get some logs I can do a rough tune for you. Gets some logs from your OBDII adapter (rpm, ltft, stft) and your SSAFC (with wb02) for everything below your overpressure setting. Then get some logs in boost with your SSAFC. When your done email your tune and your OBDII logs to me and I'll have a look. It works best if you hold one pressure all the way threw the rev range and then repeat for different pressures.

Back