Speed springs and rear camber kit? HELP!

bdiet0001

:
2008 Mazda3s White Pearl Mica
OK I'm purchasing some speed3 OEM springs for my 3 hatch. I called the dealership and talked to the parts guy. They sell the springs with camber kits. Will I need to change the rear camber links if I put on the MZS springs? Or, do they sell them with the springs because it's one of those things you break or can't get them off?

i have mzs springs...no camber kit...and everythign is sound for me!

and like henrybeckham said dont go with the dealer very pricey... shop around.

but i love my springs!

I used MS3 springs/Koni FSDs...I had rear camber issues.
Got some adjustable arms and it's all fixed now.

I really like the setup.

Just got a rear sway bar yesterday...we'll see how that goes.

You should get SPC camber links, they are adjustable and very cheap. Only $180 shipped from a sponsor on the mz3forums. But this site isn't so friendly towards other sites so I can't link that for you.

SPC Adjustable Rear Camber Links

I just finished installing the SPC Adjustable Rear Camber Links and Eibach Sportline lowering springs on the rear of my 2006 Mazda3 S sedan. I'm doing the front tomorrow.
Why am I waiting until tomorrow to do the fronts? Because those rear camber links were a royal pain. Turns out that on the passenger side, there is some kind of fuel sending unit that literally blocks the upper arm bolt. It must be moved first in order to get that upper bolt out. This is where it gets fun... in order to get to the bolt that holds the fuel unit in place, the entire rear suspension cradle must be dropped a few inches. Be sure to have 2 or 3 jack stands and a couple of floor jacks really helps. Having a partner would really be a benefit, as much of my time was spent using the spare jack as a second set of hands to get the rear suspension geometry just right in order to get the bolts and bolt-holes to align properly during re-assembly.
So, yes, it took me 5 hours from start to finish, but the good news is that the camber links worked perfectly. The rear is lowered a good inch-and-half and the rear camber is only slightly negative, which is actually an improvement from -2 degrees it had from the factory.

Latest posts

Back