Someone's Mz5 RIP

Saw this one over a week ago next to a body shop in Manhattan. Looks like side airbag went off. Hope everyone was alright.

Attachments

• Manhattan Mz5 Wreck-1.jpg
    Manhattan Mz5 Wreck-1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 372
  • Manhattan Mz5 Wreck-2.jpg
    Manhattan Mz5 Wreck-2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 369
Hope everyone was ok...

Seems to have been a over cliff or something with those rocks in front and frontal damage like that?

Dima,

They said "it could be fixed".... hehehehe!!!

Wow... This is the worst I have seen so far... I hope too that passengers are all ok...

And... Wondering too what is the story behind it..

no way in hell that car could be fixed. It will never pass the safety test ever again. And if, by some miracle, it passes the test, I feel terribly bad for whoever will be driving this car.

You wouldn't even be able to part out this car, there is not a thing that is still worth any $$$

I really want to know if everyone was ok in this accident, cuz that's by far the "best" crash test I've ever seen

Ouch!! (ohsnap!) Hate to see M5 looking that way, what a shame. Hope everyone's ok.

Dima,

They said "it could be fixed".... hehehehe!!!

Wow... This is the worst I have seen so far... I hope too that passengers are all ok...

And... Wondering too what is the story behind it..

HEYA JASMA...Ottawa here too

BTW - it was a Zipcar - hourly rental (great service BTW) - here's one more photo of the back of the car and you can see the Zipcar label.

The car was in front of this shop for a number of days and then it was gone. I'm kind of wondering if it wasn't towed ("flatbed-ed" is probably much more accurate a word) in from the accident sight - sort of standard procedure - waiting for an insurance appraiser to evaluate it. I agree it looks like a total - but I doubt any insurance would pay out until their folks take a look.

Also wondering if you could figure out what happened to it by the plate # - maybe some database of accidents?

Attachments

• Manhattan Mazda Wreck-4-1.jpg
    Manhattan Mazda Wreck-4-1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 245
man those zip cars get mashed like crazy prob cause people drivin em aint spending a lot of time behind the wheel and are often new drivers, prob hard to adjust to the limits of a different vehicle all the time too

Found one more - here's the last of my shots I took.

Definitely seems to have overturned in dirt (which is relatively hard to do in Manhattan where it was found - although the West Side Highway is very, very near the body shop - there are some embankments/grass/dirt it could have found there.)

Attachments

• Manhattan Mz5 Wreck-3.jpg
    Manhattan Mz5 Wreck-3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 248
The events couldn't have been much more catastrophic than when the Explorers used to flip over from their Firestones...

why i only travel around town with people int he 3rd row....check out that damage back there

It seems that this 5 got it all: from the rear, then the front, then turned upside down.... For sure, something happened in the back...

I'm also starting to think that we should call!!! hehehehe!

P.S. Hey Zoom5zoom! Gatineau for me!

It seems that this 5 got it all: from the rear, then the front, then turned upside down.... For sure, something happened in the back...

I'm also starting to think that we should call!!! hehehehe!

P.S. Hey Zoom5zoom! Gatineau for me!

Bonjour eh..

PS that 5 is now officially a 2.5 and soon be put to death..hell there is not a panel damaged and full airbag deployment. Engine area (wire harness) seems beyond repair.

Pfffft, minor scratches and dents, that will buff right out (boom05)

;)

Back