Someone help me choose speakers!

pr5owner

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda Proteg5
their are so many friggin speakers to choose from!!!! can't decide!!!! someone do it for me! what kinda speakers you people got in your rides? i will amp the speakers at a later time once i get money but for now i will use the CD deck (DEH - 6400) to power them

here are the ones that i looked at from www.onlinecarstereo.com

Alpine SPS-5729
Alpine SPS-1629S (Mounting depth?)

Clarion SRX5793
Clarion SRX1683 (Mounting depth?)

Kicker K57
Kicker K60 (Depth ok)

MB Quart DKD 157
MB Quart DKD 116 (Mounting BAD)

Polk Audio EX572a
Polk Audio EX602a (Depth ok)

PPI PPI-57.1
PPI PPI-65.1T (mounting not okay, ghetto rig?)

too many! AHHH! MBquart and the PPI speakers i would really like but they don't fit! grrr.. the ones that do fit are kinda cheap..

I like my Quart DSD216's. I originally got the 5x7 coaxes, but changed to the components. It was not hard to install them, and positioning the tweeter where I wanted was worth the price difference.

Some people say that they are too bright, but I set the tweeter to the lowest setting and am happy.

I agree with silver2002P5 the quarts are great. The sound quality is worth the money especially if you're gonna amp them. Of the other ones you have listed the polks would probably be the closest to the sound quality of the quarts.

anyone hear these speakers before? Clarion SRC5794

h020SRC5794.jpeg

and the 6.5"'s in the same line?

yeah actually, the clarions aren't bad speakers. they are just waaay too bright when you turn up the volume for my taste.

Back