1sty's Audio House Cleaning Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

1sty

Contributor
:
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
****************Updated 4/8/09
Baby is on the way so I cant hold on to this stuff anymore.
Everything reduced to crack head prices.
Please dont PM me asking a laundry list of questions about audio and what I think it is the best this or that.
If interested, let me know and I will get them shipped to you.

Thanks guys

The List:
JL Audio XR525CSi 5.25" Component Speakers - $100
JL Audio VR650CSi 6.5" Component Speakers - Sold
JL Audio XR525CW Component Woofers (dented dust caps) - $50/pair
JL Audio VR650CW Component Woofer - Sold
JL AUdio VR695CXI 6x9 coaxle speekers - $75/pair.
MB Quart RCC113 5.25" Component Speakers (slight intends on one tweeter - Coaxly mounted) - $100
MB Quart QM130 5.25" Component Woofers (1 mounting Ring :)) - free, pay shipping.
MB Quart QM 218.61Q 6.5" Component Speakers (Tweeters are indented, Best MB quart made, $900+ retail) - $100

Subwoofers
JL Audio 12W0-4 12" 4 ohm Subwoofer - $30
Polk Audio MM2104 10" 4 ohm Subwoofer - $40
Boston Acoustics 12.5f 12" 2 ohm subwoofers - free, just pay shipping...they are heavy

Amplifier:
Alpine MRP-F305 50 watts x 4 @ 4 Ohms - $70

Kick Panels:
Coaxle Mount 6.5" speakers for a 1996 MAzda MX-6 - Free, pay shipping.
Component Mount For 5.25" component Speakers. 2004 WRX/STi - Free without speakers, $100 wwith them

Random Projecti:
I have 2 molds and grill rings done for dual 6'5" Midbass drivers. I was going to do them in the doors of my STi but never got to it.

DSC00730.JPG

JL Audio Compenets
DSC00732.JPG

XR525CSI and VR650CSI
The VRs are 6.5" componets. I bought them new and have been the only owner. I used them off and on for a a year in my STi and a little before that in the MP3 but they have in totaled seen under a year of use. They are in perfect working order.
These speakers I really fell in love with for their silk dome tweeters. I listen to them LOUD and metal tweeters will typicly take your head off. These were my favorite speaker built for under $300 retail.
The XR's are 5.25" component woofers and aluminum tweeters. I bought them basicly becuase I could. To be completely honest they were never my taste in speakers but many love the things. I used them in my STi kick panels for a month or so with a Jl audio 300/2 amplifier.
I have all mounting hardware for each set.

JL Audio Component Woofers
DSC00733.JPG

2 JL audio XR252CW - $60/$50
and
2 JL audio Vr650CW - $50/each
These are the same woofers as the components above.
The XRs I ordered and used to be rear fill only in the back of my STi. Using only a midrange in the rear can be a great way to round out the sound in the back but not to distract from the front stage. One of the dust caps is dented so I reduced its price a bit
The VRs are from a story of complete stupidy. When changing out the gear in my STi I left teh crossovers in the door panels and traded in the car. I also losted one tweeter and dropped the other in an oil colleciton bucket. Like I said STUPID. These puppies survived just fine though.

MB Quart Components
DSC00735.JPG

MB Quart QM 218.61Q
THese are 6.5" componets. Infact, utill a few yeaars ago they were MB quarts very best components and retailed for over $800 new. I bought them new and have been the only owner. They have only ever been used in amplified sound quality systems. I used them for about 6 months although I have had them for several years. They have been tested to be in good working order. One great thing about these speakers is that they have a very shallo mounting depth. The problem with them is the tweeters dome was dented a bit. In a quick test this did not appear to effect them but alas, a price break becuase of it. $175 takes them.

DSC00736.JPG

Next up is a pair of coaxles that I have had for almost 6 years. Although again, they didn't see much action. These are from Quarts Reference line at the time and retailed around $300. These are one of my favorite speakers and I always wanted to reuse them. You'll notice that the tweeter is mounted on a bridge and not on the mid driver. They are also slightly piveted so they can be aimed. I would suggest an amp for these but a good head unit will power them fine at a moderate volume. The tape on them is labeled with which wire is for the tweeter and which is for the mid coming off the crossover. $100/pair
Shown besides them are a pair of the same series component woofers. Unfortunity I have managed to loose their mounting hardware. You could get creative with them or order the hardware from MB Quart. If they still offer it. $25/pair

Alpine Amp and JL Subwoofer
DSC00737.JPG

Alpine MRP-F305, I absolutely love this amp. Had I not sold its 2 brothers I would keep it just for an off chance of ever doing a system again. It is a meak 50x4 for todays standards but its SQ is way above most of the crap out there. Its crossovers are fantaticly flexable and can even band pass. It is old but like most of my stuff saw only about a year of use. $150 please :)
The Subwoofer is a JL audio 12W0-4. It was JL audios entry level subwoofer and their best seller for 3 years. I used it for all of 10 days in a test box. I didnt like the box and stuffed the sub into a closet. Another audio toy I bought for no apparent reason. Its a 4 ohm sub so its perfect for a meager 150 watt rms 2 channel amp. beng 4 ohms its best to ouse with a bridged 2 channel over a mono. $40 please

Boston Acoustics Subwoofers
DSC00738.JPG

2 Boston Pro 12.5 $75 / $50
- 12 inch
- 2 ohm single voice coil
- For SQ ONLY!!!! You will not get them to play loud
- For sealed boxes only at 1 cubic foot in air space.
- I have used these in several setups over the last few years.
One of the spring terminal snapped off so I am selling that one for less. These really are a nice sub but are notoriously hard to work with as they are very picky. Done right they sound incredible. Even the slighest air leak and they blow. Not blow up..they just dont sound very good. The last car I used these in was the MP3.

Polk Audio
DSC00739.JPG

I actualy won this subwoofer in a contest from polk and never used it. I still have the box and all the accessories it comes with. I was going to put it in the wifes protege but never got to it (way to busy playing Diablo and Warcraft). It is unfortunitly too deep for my truck so for sale it goes. This is a current polk product and only a year old. It hands about 150 watts RMS and is again a 4 ohm speaker. $65

DSC00740.JPG

These are my best audio project. They are the kick panels from my 2004 STi. As the NEPOC guys can attest to, they looked awsome. They are made for the JL audio XR components I am selling but will fit most any.
I have them in a "rehab" stacte becuase a guy with a red WRX was going to buy them then canceled. The cover peices need to be sanded a little bit a painted to match the car. The grills should just be rewrapped which is a 5 minute procedure. I am selling them with the sill panels so there is no need to mangle the factory ones. $200
This is a link to a thread on how I built them
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showt...ht=Kick+Panels

DSC00741.JPG

These are WAY OLD built like a friggen tank though. They are from a 1996 MX-6 and will basicly drop in. They hold a 6.5" component in a coaxle mount. The tweeter sits in the grill. The grills will need ot be redone. My former cat puked on one (boom07)
Again its a 5 minute procedure.
The car was an automatic and I am unsure of how they would fit in a manual.

DSC00742.JPG

This was a really cool project, it is for mounting 2 6.5" woofers in each door. I have the fiberglass door molds for the STi doors too. however these can be used to mount that combo in anything. The panels on the outside of the picture get mounted to the door panel then fleeced and fiberglassed. The center parts are then inserted and fastened into the doors. Then mount the speakers. These have been bondoed and sanded to the 90% point. A long weekend would finish it up. $125

Last edited:
I'd like the JL sub and the Polk sub. I might edit and add something else.

The prices might be high to some, but I can vouch for him by stating that this equipment was probably lightly used for most of its life. I find the prices reasonable myself. Good luck with the sale, if I get a job soon I might pick some things up.

Last edited:
doesn't mean he doesn't have the stuff, and you'll get an answer to your PM quickly enough considering his a very active member still...

yeah i sent the pm anyway. he'll respond eventually, even though i told him to ignore it, im pretty sure if he has it he'll tell me the info i needed. i just felt bad for ressurecting a dead thread

He still has a bunch of the stuff I think. I got some components from him. Give it time, he'll respond.

Thanks for reminding me. The only thing sold where the VR components

MB Quart QM 218.61Q 6.5" Component Speakers (Tweeters are indented, Best MB quart made, $900+ retail) - $175

Amplifier:
Alpine MRP-F305 50 watts x 4 @ 4 Ohms - $150

1sty, do you still have this stuff available. Any chance I could get a birthday price break :)

LOL, what contest did you win the Polk sub in? I got one from SoundDomain for posting on their wiki. I took it out of the box inspected it, then sold it for $50 on eBay + shipping. I could have gotten more but I wasn't financially invested. Bidding started at $1 and I was happy with the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back