Some pictures of my Homelink mirror install....

Thanks again. I'm not getting any blinking red LED indications when I push any of the homelink buttons. According to the install instructions, the switched power source should be connected to the auto dim/compass input and that the always-on power source should be connected to the homelink. That way the auto dim & compass will not drain the battery when it is parked. I'll have to get my trust DVM out again and check my power connections at the end that plugs into the mirror tonight when i get home. Maybe I have a defective cable from Mazda. Anyway, I need to get this sorted out quickly before the 14 day return period expires!!

I don't think that's necessary, but, thanks anyways. If you could just confirm that when you push one of the homelink buttons the green LED blinks red as I suspect it does, that would be great.

I think I found my problem. The wiring harness I got with the install kit 0000-8C-N02 is defective. I have no continuity from the spade lug end to the connector end for pin 10. That's the one that has the uninterrupted power. And that would be the one that powers the homelink.

Solved my problem. The spade connector on the solid black conductor (constant power) was not crimped properly and did not have any electrical continuity. Butt spliced a new connector and all works well now. Thanks for all the help.

Just to be clear this is the mirror needed to do the swap i have rain sensing and want to make sure i have the right mirror.

Part# 000 8C Z02

Yes. Just be advised that if you call the dealer, that part# does not register with them. But 000 8C Z02 is stamped on the back of the mirror, and if it is NOT stamped on the back of the mirror, then you have the wrong mirror.

Back