So why hasnt anyone hit 300whp in an MS3 yet?

Ryno

If the XEDE unit on a stock car can hit 288whp and the TMIC is good for 20whp on a stock car, why hasnt anyone done both and showed off a 300whp dyno sheet yet? I wanna see it!

Ryno said:
If the XEDE unit on a stock car can hit 288whp and the TMIC is good for 20whp on a stock car, why hasnt anyone done both and showed off a 300whp dyno sheet yet? I wanna see it!

Patience, son. The Xede isn't available yet. Neither is a CAI. I don't even think there's an exhaust available yet.

Just a guess....

No one has had the urge to pitch out their warrenty. If anyone does get the urge.... I'd like to see it too!

ZoomRedZoomGT said:
No one has had the urge to pitch out their warrenty. If anyone does get the urge.... I'd like to see it too!

Pitch the warr? All you really need is the IC, which takes 30 minutes to uninstall and the Xede thingy. Any trouble you take it off and get the damm thing fixed.

I think it'll happen pretty soon if not already. The gains from the xede alone are amazing imo.

II-Savy said:
Pitch the warr? All you really need is the IC, which takes 30 minutes to uninstall and the Xede thingy. Any trouble you take it off and get the damm thing fixed.

Thats what Im saying. XEDE is available, just not plug and play, and the TMIC is for sale as well. Those two alone should get you there. Someone just needs to test both on the same car!

Ryno said:
Thats what Im saying. XEDE is available, just not plug and play, and the TMIC is for sale as well. Those two alone should get you there. Someone just needs to test both on the same car!

So... Do it and stop waiting for someone else... Me, I'm on a budget.

Evo Scooter said:
So... Do it and stop waiting for someone else... Me, I'm on a budget.

I dont have an MS3 just yet (peep) Sold my Camaro yesterday and Ill be getting one within the next two months (damn dealers having to order them). . .

Ryno said:
I dont have an MS3 just yet (peep) Sold my Camaro yesterday and Ill be getting one within the next two months (damn dealers having to order them). . .

We got ours on Dec 20th, we asked for a Cosmic Blue sport and it was delivered in two days (shocked) I was shocked!! Get out the bullwhip and get those dealers moving on it. (poke)

Ryno said:

They're still not shipping yet, so the only install is on the test mule. They're looking into adding an IC, CAI, and/or exhaust in the next few weeks. I imagine you'll see the 300 hp dyno then, since they're already at 288 on the Dynojet anyway.

I thought the Xede just plugged inline with a harness? If their dyno of 288 is right I don't see why with a free flowing intake and exhaust you couldn't hit 300 easy? along with the IC upgrade

II-Savy said:

Hmmm I was thinking since it's not plug and play yet it might be a lil hard to explain those cut wires in the harness when ya take it in for any repairs.

Not to mention performance costs money. I assume most people financed this car and their insurance rates went up from previous vehicle. Plus I don't want to be a guini pig for parts and break my new car

Nutari said:
Dyno coming soon. I'm 99% certain I have over 300. Sure as hell feels like over 300whp.

see http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123657639

My STi certainly felt like I was pushing 325awhp. Course thats how AWD is it seems.. When I sold the car the guy went and had it dyno'd. Supposedly it was 353 motor and 268 at the wheels.. but it definitely felt like 353 :D

Now the MS3 being my first fast FWD.. hell first FWD for that matter.. it feels as fast as the STi I had just because the power is put down differently. The MS3 has torque steer like crazy but, never really experienced that feeling in my STi :)

Vermilion said:
My STi certainly felt like I was pushing 325awhp. Course thats how AWD is it seems.. When I sold the car the guy went and had it dyno'd. Supposedly it was 353 motor and 268 at the wheels.. but it definitely felt like 353 :D

Now the MS3 being my first fast FWD.. hell first FWD for that matter.. it feels as fast as the STi I had just because the power is put down differently. The MS3 has torque steer like crazy but, never really experienced that feeling in my STi :)

I know that feeling... AWD makes the car drive differently.

Ryno said:
show me where i can buy parts from a well known company....i wil try to break 300.....shouldnt be too hard

Back