So long and thanks for all the shoes

Elderain

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed #2
or something!

Well, I did it :( I traded in the msp last night so im bidding everyone farewell, cept dino, I will still come by and harass him :)

MSP is a good car, it just has the potential to cause to much trouble for me (ticket wise). I have 4 points left finally (from 11), 2 more come off in december, 2 more the following, which means i have no points by the time im 25, which hopefully means normal insurance again, i was paying 3800/yr up until a few weeks ago, I switched to geico, 2800 a year now. Ill be paying just under 2k for the new toy. Still to much imo. Hopefully this will make winter driving for me better too. I cant count how many times I got stuck last year in the speed :(

But anyhow... the new vehicle :D

83881blacksonoma.jpg

No, seriously, have you researched the Blazers? I'll give it to you if it's the truck that you've always wanted but I think you're in for a few garage visits.

Stormtrooper77 said:
No, seriously, have you researched the Blazers? I'll give it to you if it's the truck that you've always wanted but I think you're in for a few garage visits.
That's not a Blazer. Not in the US anyway.

El - I'll miss you mang. <3 I hate you for trading in your speed, but at least you're cheating on us with a truck, not another hot car.

Stormtrooper77 said:
Thats a Sonoma :p Blazer is a SUV, this is a Pickup Truck. and yes, it is the truck ive always wanted, and yes i researched it well. It cant have many more problems then my speed did....

And dino, you can come have a 3-some with me and the truck :) I bring my own bed now (angel)

Stormtrooper77 said:
Same as the S10.
in the US the Blazer is not the same as the S10... the blazer is the same as the Jimmy.. but neither are made anymore.

Anyway! Sorry to see you trade in your car ********, but I hope you have fun in the snow and dirt with your new vehicle.

Make sure to take it in and get all the oil leak TSB's taken care of. And whomever changes your oil will hate you if it has skidplates....

Your insurance will be high for a while. Most states allow a minimum 3 year look back on your record. So if you're convicted of speeding and get points applied to your license, they can still charge you for it. If, however, you plea bargained down to a parking ticket and still get some points, your insurance will go down. Once points are gone, there's no history on your record, and they just see a bunch of parking tickets.

Personally, ********, you've made a very good decision. You realized that controlling your speed in the `Speed wasn't possible or plausible, so you removed the temptation. It would have been better if you could control the urge, but some things aren't meant to be.

I imagine you'll be moving up to a SRT-10 in a few years???
enlarge_4.jpg

Last edited:
Good to hear you moved to something you are happy with, and is more economically suitable(and reasonable) to you...I however would never drive one of those, I used to drive my aunts all the time...definatly not for me....but hey, you won't go too fast, speed limited at 160kmh...have fun though, I'm sure if you like the truck it's more fun, rather than me going in with a pure hatred for it. Good luck in the future d00d

mspdfreak said:
Not to threadjack, but I'm not familiar with this "point" system...what does this mean?

are you kidding me, you learn this stuff in drivers ed in HS. You get points when you get moving violations. And when you get enough of them you lose your liscense.

Well, in Texas there is no such system, and none in the state of Mississippi where I currently reside. I guess it's a yankee thing.

Back