smoked taillights...UNLIT

Threadjack:

How are you installing your triple gauge panel? I don't want anything too permanent since I don't have all of my gauges yet, but I'm not sure how I should do it. I'm also hoping the gauge stops being so noisy.

Minus said:
hey, tytanium,
you have a whole can of that spray right? would you just sell me the can that you already have? there would be enough left to do mine correct?

I would but sorry, I want to keep it for future use!

Minus, just buy your own can, it's not that much.

Tytanium, does the Nightshades look like it will hold up? I redded out the tails on my old car, but it seemed like it was fading after a few months. If I did mine, I would want it to be permanent.

yeah yea, but i dont like to buy cans of stuff and just let it sit around because i'll never use it again lol. i have a bunch of cans just sitting around that ill probably never use again

Majik-
I think it will hold up just fine. It seems to be made especially for this purpose, so I dont guess there will be any problems with it.

Haven't got the gauges delivered yet. Wont worry about the triple panel until then. I may just hand it all over to a local tuning shop and let them handle it. (wuss!)

Will post pics when it is done.

Could we get another picture in the daylight / also night?
Does it make it harder to see your car from behind at night, say with your lights off, punching it down a dark road?

If I had the $$, I might get people to install everything for me, but I don't. I also find a certain amount of satisfaction from doing stuff yourself...it's a whole learning process.

majik,
to this point, i have done everything on the car myself. while nothing major was accomplished, I have learned with previous cars that sometimes it is better to let a pro do things, sometimes it isnt worth the cost. I wont know til the gauges come in and will let you know about the panel after that.

I like how it came out, but why don't you do the whole tailight completely so it will blend in more for a stealthy look. I will prob get nightshade to do my sidemarkers but I wonder how it would look on the headlights :confused: Well I'am not going to be a pioneer and try it on my car just yet.

Cool...I'm sure you work on your car as much as me. Regardless of who installs it, I'm just curious to see how your gauge install goes. Thanks for your help!

tytanium,

Are you the guy who's gonna make the clear reflectors for the sedans? How's the progress if so?

MarkSpark said:
tytanium,

Are you the guy who's gonna make the clear reflectors for the sedans? How's the progress if so?

Yes, that's me. I will make them if the guy on here (dont remember his screen name) ever sends me his stock amber ones. He needs to hurry, as I will be bound for the Middle East in less than 2 weeks...

Majik-
yes, i LOVE doing car installs, I have done 3 triple gauge installs (2 pillar and 1 under dash) on 3 cars and everything worked fine...so we will just see when it all comes in.

subghetto,
I think that all smoked would look pretty damn cool also, but if I ever got rear ended, the last thing I want a trooper to notice is how my taillights may not project bright enough brake lighting!

You MSP guys probably don't give a s*** but I did the opposite. Taped off the clear and used nite shade on the rest.

/members/azeli73/smoked/lens002.jpg
/members/azeli73/smoked/lens001.jpg
/members/azeli73/smoked/lens005.jpg
/members/azeli73/smoked/lens006.jpg

Latest posts

Back