Sirius Subscription

FMS1

:
2011 CX-9 GT
My 6-month trial is about to expire. Anyone aware of special rate for Mazda owners or other offers at reduced rate? They want $129.50 for 1-year sub.

I have XM in my Honda Ridgeline and have a special rate of $77.00 if I remember correctly.

Thanks.

I've renewed XM accounts for $77 a year 6 times now. I don't think it's as easy to negotiate with Sirius.

"My09CX-9" said he got them to match the XM price of $77 after a few calls from them. Maybe you could try to do the same. It might be worth $77 a year, but I can't see paying $130 a year when my free 6 months expires. Like "CX9 SportOwner" suggests, an mp3 player or ipod can play whatever you want.

Check out this thread.

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123748889&highlight=sirius

Will try the above suggestion when they call. I agree it's worth $77 year but not the higher price. Thanks.

IMHO, Ipod and sirius radio don't even compare. Our 6 month trial is also up at the end of this month. I never thought I'd enjoy or even use the sirius radio option, but we now listen to it more than OTA radio or our ipods. My ipod can't get live NFL football games, or any of the financial news and talk stations that are offered by satellite radio, not to mention the kids channels. When you travel on vacation with kids, or even just taking trips between St. Louis and Chicago where my relatives live, it's incredibly nice to have a wide variety of stuff to listen to. Being able to listen to any football game I want traveling back from Chicago on a Sunday makes the trip go much faster.

That said, I'm pretty frugal and am currently debating whether to renew at the $129.50 one year rate they have offered. I'd be much more inclined to renew at something closer to $70-$80.

The 1/2 price for a year deal is still valid if you request it. Works out to $77 for the year or $6.50 per month. You will need to ask for the same deal at the end of the year or it reverts to the normal $12.95 a month price. I'm like most of us, $6.50 a month is ok. $12.95 not ok.

No wonder they are struggling. They're going to price themselves right out of business, especially now that iPods are starting to offer internet radio services like Pandora, MLB, and others.

Dang, I re-upped for $129. I got hosed! Oh well, we still enjoy it. I'm planning on getting the wife and me Iphone 4G's, or whatever they will be called, so I can use some of those radio apps while driving. Of course, I won't have an "unlimited" data plan to go with it, so I'll have to figure out how much data streaming audio will use up...better remind the wife of that limitation since I can't get wifi while driving.

Dang, I re-upped for $129. I got hosed! Oh well, we still enjoy it. I'm planning on getting the wife and me Iphone 4G's, or whatever they will be called, so I can use some of those radio apps while driving. Of course, I won't have an "unlimited" data plan to go with it, so I'll have to figure out how much data streaming audio will use up...better remind the wife of that limitation since I can't get wifi while driving.

yeah, I paid the same...so don't feel bad...

I just got my Sirius annual renewal. They want $174.45!!! It includes a Music Royalty Fee $21.79 and an Invoice Fee of $2 and Taxes $8.21. They are on crack!!! I'm calling to b**** today.

Tell them your going to leave, and you can get the 5 months for $20. Ive done that for the past 2 years on both my radios. It is a promotion that they use to keep subscribers, and its worked for me.

It pays to complain! I called them back and went through the steps to cancel and they came up with a "promotion" for half off. With all the fees, taxes etc it went from $174.45 to $90.87.

An mp3 player or ipod can play whatever you want.

Yes but you need to purchase the music, considering that itunes sells each track at ~1 dollar each, at 77 dollars you get 77 tracks.

So the question remains, do you want 77 tracks that you keep listening to over and over for 6 months or the variety of XM stations?

Personally, I'm a cheapo, so I listen to the radio :)

Called today since my 6 month trial is expiring and the best offer they have is $129.50 for a year. I even brought up the half price offer, and they said that is some promo they offer every now then. They offered to sign me up on a monthly plan until the promo offer comes around. I had to pass.

To anyone looking to renew their trial subscription, if they don't offer you the half off deal, let your subscription expire and wait for the e-mail. I just got one for the half off deal.

Just renewed at $77.00 plus royalty fees. Just tell them you want to cancel and they will pass you off to another representative who had approval to make this offer.

Worked for me.

Back