Side view mirror only replacement?

Thanks to this freezing ass winter in the Northeast, our drivers side sideview mirror got a crack down the middle. It's actually very distracting when driving with it and I'm not sure it would even pass inspection.

Anyone know if there is a way to get just the mirror and not the entire assembly? I did see an ebay listing at one point for just the mirror but it was passenger side. It's a '13 and does have the blind spot monitoring so that is a must.

Did you buy this car new? I had the same problem and had it replaced under the new car bumper to bumper warranty. It is a stress crack. Let the dealer know that this happened when the weather got really cold.

Thanks kornholio. I had my wife take it to the dealer and they looked at it and said they have to check and get back to me if it's covered.

In case it is not covered by Mazda, if you buy it online and you have the BSM, make sure you get the right mirror/glass-part.

Well, after examining it and a bit of a struggle, Mazda agreed to cover the mirror under "good faith". So thanks kornholio for the suggestion! You saved me potentially a couple hundred bucks (and the time to install it).

At one point I actually told the Mazda guy that I read online that someone had the same issue and Mazda covered it under warranty. His reply was, "You can't believe everything you read online."

Senor Velasco. Too bad you are in virginia. Otherwise i would go with you to the dealer and tell them myself. If i can find the invoice i will try to post it here.

Latest posts

Back