Show us your device mounting solution..

MAX1242

:
2008 CX-7
I am looking for ideas on where to place a mount for an iPhone. I have seen a few aftermarket accys that sell mounts but nothing is available where I want to mount it. I will have to take a mock up photo of the places where I want to place it (on the flat part between the radio knobs that would cover the air circ and defrost buttons) and get some feed back. I have also thought about placing it like in the 6 http://www.bracketron.com/instructions/MAZ-102-03.pdfBut in the mean time, if you have any ideas or photos of where you have mounted your device (phone, ipod, sat, GPS) please post them here. Thanks in advance.

Max

Panavise

This is what I have. The metal bracket is custom designed for the 7 and the holder fits on it perfectly.

Attachments

• IMAGE_061.jpg
    IMAGE_061.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 626
NIce, I ordered the same bracket. I would like to see if someone makes one so that it mount on the upper left of the center console just between the odometer gage and the console bezel. ABout at the 2 o'clock position by the steering wheel. Thanks for the information. We will see how the Panavise mount works.

You might want to be cautious. I went to the Apple store a while back and inquired about mounts for the iPhone...they didn't sell them...I asked why...the salesperson said that cell phones mounted close to a head unit cause interference/noise. Kinda makes sense, but I'm not an expert in that regard. I have experienced that kind of noise at home, cuz I keep my iPhone charger very close to my desktop stereo in the bedroom and hear that noise in my speakers periodically. When I move the iPhone away from that area, the noise stops.

Just a thought.

Vince.

Your two best friends

#1 Duct Tape

#2 Reynolds Alum Foil Great for blocking aliens from reading your thoughts LMAO(screwy)

You might want to be cautious. I went to the Apple store a while back and inquired about mounts for the iPhone...they didn't sell them...I asked why...the salesperson said that cell phones mounted close to a head unit cause interference/noise. Kinda makes sense, but I'm not an expert in that regard. I have experienced that kind of noise at home, cuz I keep my iPhone charger very close to my desktop stereo in the bedroom and hear that noise in my speakers periodically. When I move the iPhone away from that area, the noise stops.

Just a thought.

Vince.

That Apple "genius" you spoke with was full of cr*p! lol I've had various smartphones/iphones on the Panavise right near the head units of many cars/trucks with absolutely no interference.

That Apple "genius" you spoke with was full of cr*p! lol I've had various smartphones/iphones on the Panavise right near the head units of many cars/trucks with absolutely no interference.

ANY GSM PHONE WILL HAVE INTERFERENCE THERE IS NO DEBATE I OWN 3 PERSONAL PHONES WITH GSM AND WIFE HAS ONE WHEN WERE IN THE VEHICLE HALF THE TIME WERE LISTENING TO INTERFERENCE AND NOT MUSIC, SO CLEARLY YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

FYI - My 1st-Gen iPhone is mounted directly to the side of my Nav/Head Unit and I have yet to have one speck of interference from the phone. I cannot comment on whether 3G is any different, but mine has *never* made a single ounce of noise through my system.

I'll try to grab a photo of the install to show how close it is.

FYI - My 1st-Gen iPhone is mounted directly to the side of my Nav/Head Unit and I have yet to have one speck of interference from the phone. I cannot comment on whether 3G is any different, but mine has *never* made a single ounce of noise through my system.

I'll try to grab a photo of the install to show how close it is.

I have the 1st gen and the 3G and they seem to both do it, i also have a Telus Mike which is same as the nextel 10-4 and it does it as well.

I must be lucky, or something. I've not had a single "peep" from mine.

Unrelated, I DO have to set mine to airplane-mode when at gigs (I'm a musician as well) or it will "chatter" through the P.A. System... I also have issues using my Bose SoundDock and my Bose Companion 3 computer speakers will pick-up any noise from the phone.

But for some reason, the car is void of any of those issues. Go figure.

One thing i forgot to mention is that i do have an aftermarket stereo

Well from my experience with the noise, I found that since the antenna is way from the head unit most interference wouldnt be picked up by the head unit. Ive had my phone sitting right in front of mine and never heard a peep out of it through the stereo

Back