Show Me

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Well, the reason I ask is because of this project I am doing, I want to see what other Miata's are working with. I've seen a good share of Miata intakes but all intakes may be a little different with their own "spin" on things. I have a good idea going but more are welcome!

Right now my intake is a total mess. Total custom, mess. I need to clean it up and I have a great idea taken from BEGi.

I don't know how much good it'll do you, but here is how my turbo Miata is setup (big pic) : http://www.msprotege.com/members/kcbhiw/GRM2006/bay2.JPG

My CSP car currently has the stock ducting in place, but will be replaced with a 90* bend straight off of the TB pointed down (when I get the standalone managment installed this weekend - pics to come).

Here is my custom intake. It's not on a Miata but it might give you some ideas. It was a ram intake and the tubing stopped after the sensor and didn't have any brackets to hold it in place so it was just hanging loose. So I bought some extra piping and routed into my left front wheel well like the injen intake does to make it a true cold air intake. The cone filter sits right under my left front bumper(shown in the second picture) so the air shoots right into the filter. Here are the pics:
enginebay.jpg

zoomer.jpg

Very similar to the setup I was going for. Although, I don't like the thought of cutting my car.

kcbhiw said:
I don't know how much good it'll do you, but here is how my turbo Miata is setup (big pic) : http://www.msprotege.com/members/kcbhiw/GRM2006/bay2.JPG

My CSP car currently has the stock ducting in place, but will be replaced with a 90* bend straight off of the TB pointed down (when I get the standalone managment installed this weekend - pics to come).

The Injen was somewhat similar (where the filter was) and it just made no sense to me. I moved the filter behind my left headlight and it seems to be doing better in that position.

intake.jpg

That just doesn't make sense to me..

(threadjack)

baahahhaa.. when did you get the avatar of kyle raping dino kristin?

k-lea said:
Very similar to the setup I was going for. Although, I don't like the thought of cutting my car.

All I cut was the splash guard on the bottom of the bumper(not the bumper its self) so the air can get to the filter

Well, I guess I can't say anything about cutting my car since I did it today. Thank you for showing the setup. Mine might be a TADbit different, but who knows.

not a turbo setup, but heres my intake:
MVC-002S.jpg

that injen intake makes no sense to me... mazda specifically put a lot of work into having cool air rushing up thru the wheelwell into the area just behind the headlight.

I have mine stock. I think they are pretty worthless on N/A miatas but on my old turbo car I had the filter sitting straight on the turbo inlet with no MAF

Pitlab77 said:
I have mine stock. I think they are pretty worthless on N/A miatas but on my old turbo car I had the filter sitting straight on the turbo inlet with no MAF
the way the turbo is placed on mazdaspeed miata you cant really fit much down near the turbo :(
then it comes down to finding a filter small enough, our turbo inlet is smaller than 1.5 inches:(

kcbhiw said:

thread drift in 3..2..1.. Megasquirt?(humpleg)

Back