photo31.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not the best pics but here it is

2014 GT With Tech Package
Niche Targa Black and Machined with Dark Tint
Continental Extreme Contact DWS

Front: 20X8.5 w/ 245/45 ZR 20
Rear: 20X10 w/ 275/40 ZR20

+1 on the offset... I've been looking at some 20x10s and I'm curious as to what you've got on there.

No Noticable change in Driving characteristics,
MPG difference is really not noticable,
acceleration is still as good as it was.

The continental tires are quieter than the stock toyos

Front are 20X8.5 with + 35 offset no poke in the front they are very flush
Rears are 20X10 with +40 offset no poke in the rear are very flush

photo1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Went from a squared 225 set up to a 245 front 275 rear and "no Noticable change in Driving characteristics".

(whistle)

SaynoToPistons,
Yes, no noticeable change in driving characteristics.
That is on a combination of highway driving to work and back and typical around town to get groceries and take the dog to the park.

The overall tire height of the tires are almost exact to the factory wheels, they are marginally heavier but the steering is as it was before
no extra effort, the acceleration from zero 60 is still as acceptable as it was before and merging onto the highway takes no more effort than before.

I don't throw this car into the corners nor am I under the illusion that it is anything more than a mid size cross over built on a car platform.
The Wheel and Tire choice is nothing more than an aesthetic change to fill in the wheels a little more than the stock 225's did.

Front are 20X8.5 with + 35 offset no poke in the front they are very flush
Rears are 20X10 with +40 offset no poke in the rear are very flush

Looks awesome. I wonder if you could've gotten away with 10s all the way around? Nevertheless, nice set up! Now drop that sucka!!!

Looks awesome. I wonder if you could've gotten away with 10s all the way around? Nevertheless, nice set up! Now drop that sucka!!!
10's might be cutting it close for inner fender rubbing, not that it would happen at most sterring angle

10's might be cutting it close for inner fender rubbing, not that it would happen at most sterring angle

I think there's someone here running 20x10s from Niche. A white CX5 too. And it's lowered with no rubbing (so he says). This one:

e6edyze6.jpg

Last edited:
The Wheel and Tire choice is nothing more than an aesthetic change to fill in the wheels a little more than the stock 225's did.

And the reality is staggered wheel/tire setups so common on premium cars (both rwd and awd) such as Mercedes, BMW, Lexus are for appearance mainly, marginally enhanced performance is secondary. We are not talking about rear-engine Porsche 911's of course. I have 2 rwd sport sedans with staggered setups even though they have nearly 50%/50% weight distribution and only 200 to 300 hp ea. The Conti tires are very nice grand touring all season tires, I had them on my last Mercedes C300 with great results.

I think there's someone here running 20x10s from Niche. A white CX5 too. And it's lowered with no rubbing (so he says). This one:

[img.]

Sorry, but I'm extremely doubtful of the drivability of C/S Springs. Even with my H&R's there is a chance I will rub at FULL deflection, with my 20" x8.5 wheel and 255/45 tires. The C/S sit even lower. I would expect bottoming out especially with that set up (too low for stock damper), as reported by another buyer who swapped his C/s and his wheels were smaller than these niches. I'd send guess that tbh, I recently saw a user posting that 20x9 or 10 wheels did not change driving characteristics.. I'm sure it didn't lower acceleration and total mpg.. lel

e6edyze6.jpg

I really don't rub. The ride is horrible though. And it does sit too low for stock set up. I hope they come out with coilovers soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't rub. The ride is horrible though. And it does sit too low for stock set up. I hope they come out with coilovers soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for the honest feedback, braddah. I was pretty much sold on the springs after I saw your stance. But I don't want my fillings dropping out over every bump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back