Should we have concern? *Caliber SRT4 content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to think their "american power" is all based off ideas/parts from DSM.
like i said Mopar=More problems not more power.

i dont know if you know this but the whole DSM was bought by a japanese company. Diamond Star Motors was an Illinois based company if i remember what my DSM friends were saying correctly. but i will agree with the later have of your comment. Anyone who knows anything about Mopar knows the problems of their quality.

lol...it was tracking not torque steering..I thought/asked the same thing and per dcr it was not torque steer but rather tracking side to side in the groove of the track. give it 6 months and you'll be seeing a completely diff car that'll be running 11's...And i would not be suprised if it were on the stock turbo..it already has the hp/tq ..just need to get past the dbw issue.

+1

I made the assumption that this was the case as well. I spent the afternoon at dcr talking with the guys and the issue is definitely tracking because of the tires/ wheels being used on the car right now. This is not a torque steer issue.

And this car really isnt as modded as everybody has made it out to be. Fuel has been overhauled. But really all the rest is pretty easy simple stuff. And there is a ton of stuff they still can do.

I like the thing. I wouldnt trade my MS3 for one but Id certainly enjoy owning a Caliber as well. Seeing the car in person.... it really grows on you. Its a little monster. Reminds me of a nasty gremlin version of a Durango and its gonna win the war of the 40-120 street cred war.....that seems for sure. When Mopar starts dumping s*** into the market for it...its gonna be game over for the disi. Its just to simple to mod and the support will be all over it.

All were gonna be left with is comparos at Laguna, and the interior stuff. Well that never bothered srt guys before and it wont now either.

i dont know if you know this but the whole DSM was bought by a japanese company. Diamond Star Motors was an Illinois based company if i remember what my DSM friends were saying correctly. but i will agree with the later have of your comment. Anyone who knows anything about Mopar knows the problems of their quality.

diamond star motors is a joint venture plant started by mitsubishi and chrysler. chrysler sold thier stake to mistubishi outright but chrysler still produces vehicles and engines there on a contractual basis. side note, chrysler builds all calibers/compasses at the belvidere, il plant which is about a 45 minute drive from my house. they just laid off the entire 3rd shift so perhaps sales of thier compact brick aren't what they thought they'd be?

Consistant 2.0X 60 foots on drag radials, I would't consider that "problems hooking up".

Have any of you gone up from 225 series tires to 275 series tires (about 2.5" wider)? Tracking, not Tq Steer.

I love these cost/Mod comments, all the info on the car is out there, it's no secret.

Man some of you are funny lol

Looks like some of you are concerned. I didn't get the speed to be the fastest guy on the block. If that was the case I would have to get a new Z06 since my neighbor has a new GT500. Then again, that claim can be debated once mods are thrown in the mix.

I'm not concerned with the caliber. Its just another car on the road to me.

Consistant 2.0X 60 foots on drag radials, I would't consider that "problems hooking up".

LOL I would. I can get a 2.0 on street tires.

Drag tires should put you sub 2.0 seconds. If they don't you either A)Suck at life and need more practice at your launch (we have all been there) OR B) your car has major traction issues.

Have any of you gone up from 225 series tires to 275 series tires (about 2.5" wider)? Tracking, not Tq Steer.

I love these cost/Mod comments, all the info on the car is out there, it's no secret.

Man some of you are funny lol

Man your SRT-4 is pathetic, Over 400 HP and it can't break 11 seconds, how sad.

Man your SRT-4 is pathetic, Over 400 HP and it can't break 11 seconds, how sad.

it's all due to the drive by wire issue...I believe that is the next issue they need to tackle and the power it's making will put it there.

and how fast does your ms3 go in ...ohhhh wait...sorry your cx-7 go in the 1/4?

This should be good for the times u ran...i would consider these phases pretty modded, and this is not including ur phase 4 which includes a wetshot, tuning and slicks. I personally have not ran 12's in anything. Maybe u need a better driver? how much does all this cost anyways? DCR phases 1-4? not for you but if i had a csrt4 and i wanted to buy all ur stuff. how much $ would i need?

Phase 3

Dyno Graph/Info Thread

Track Time Info Thread

Darrell Cox Racing Fuel Return Kit
-Fuel Return kit utilizing Aeromotive Regulator and push to connect fuel fittings. At this time you must tap your Fuel Rail, but in the future a replacement DCR Billet Fuel Rail with braided stainless steal hoses will be available. - Product available SOON, contact DCR

RC 750 cc Injectors
-We wear preparing ourselves for future upgrades, but at this power level, RC 650cc Injectors would have sufficed. - Product available, contact DCR

Darrell Cox Racing Waste Gate Actuator
-16lb spring, adjustable WGA. Will be available in the future with choice spring weight. - Product available SOON, contact DCR

Phase 2

Dyno Graph/Info Thread

Darrell Cox Racing Big Filter Kit
-Product/R&D carryover from the Neon and running 7 second 1/4 mile passes with the Hot Rod car and street SRTs. The oil cooler is removed because of the small oil passages through the cooler which restrict oil flow to the oil pump and engine at high HP levels and demands. This also allows you to run a MUCH larger K&N Oil Filter. - Product available, contact DCR

Darrell Cox Racing 180 Degree Thermostat
-The all aluminum block allows for some awesome heat dissipation, but aluminum also absorbs the heat very fast. The DCR 180 Thermostat is used to get the temps under controller much sooner thus reducing chances of harmful spark knock. - Product available, contact DCR

Mopar Blow Off Plate
-Vents the air to atmosphere vice recirculating it back into the turbo inlet. The setup DCR uses varies slightly from your off the shelf Mopar BOV from any other vendor. - Product available, contact DCR

Darrell Cox Racing Cat(s) Delete Pipe
-DCR O2 housing & Down pipe all in 1. Starts at 3.5" off the turbo outlet, necks down to 3" and maintains a solid un-bent 3" to the factory 3" mid Pipe. All Stainless Steel. Available with and without high flow CAT. - Product available, contact DCR

Darrell Cox Racing Muffler Delete Pipe
-Provided kit to remove the exhaust from the Muffler Back. Includes Exhaust Tip. - Product available, contact DCR

Darrell Cox Racing 3" Short Ram Air Intake
-DCR True 3" Air Intake with large K&N Filter. Includes DCR 16lb Small Battery to make roon for air intake and mounting hardware. - Product available, contact DCR

Darrell Cox Racing Water Injection
-Simple DCR Water Injection Kit to spray your choice of fluid (we used the washer fluid that the car was delivered from Dodge with) via the factory washer fluid reservoir. Just like adding 6-10 points of octane! Can be done via trunk mount kit. - Product available, contact DCR

Darrell Cox Racing Solid Motor Mounts & Hardware
-DCR Filled Mounts with included upgraded hardware. - Product available, contact DCR

Last edited:
clos561 - the things on that list aren't needed to run/make the power they are..the blow of plate/ big filter kit / and the thermostat are not nessasary but could be added. the stock injectors too may not be needed, but i'll let darrly chime in on that and pricing, butreally what you have listed are basic mods on any srt4 to make 300-350 whp. intake exhaust and a return line are basic upgrades that can be had very cheaply in all reality.

Yea i know, they are going to go big with this car, most people will never get on their level of mods, like he said 750cc injectors were not needed but they are planning for the future mods... that thing is gona run really fast very soon

it's all due to the drive by wire issue...I believe that is the next issue they need to tackle and the power it's making will put it there.

and how fast does your ms3 go in ...ohhhh wait...sorry your cx-7 go in the 1/4?

Oh wait, we're not talking about my car.

Hows that Caliber doing?
You said I'm ignorant but anyone that would by a Caliber over other compacts clearly has a narrow mind.

Drive by Wire issue, tracking, etc.. all excuses, the fact is it can make over 400HP but it can't break the quarter mile in less than 11 seconds.
(shrug)What a great SRT4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back