Should I get a new car?

mopiko

Contributor
Hi peeps!

I have a 2003 Protege5 5-spd since nov. 2002. Since I bought that car I put almost 100k miles on it. Recently I shelled a little more than $800 to replace the clutch, timing belt, water pump, and all drive belts. During the shop visit the dude told me my rear suspension mount needs to be replaced(clunking sound which I had for some time). tires will likely need to be replaced by next spring, all four brakes are about to go, and the engine starts to idle funny once in a bluemoon. (drop to like 500-rpm for several seconds then went back up)...

I'm kinda debating whether I should keep fixing this car (Not much problem so far, only one dealership visit for idle problem fixed under TSB) but several mishaps (spun out in snow once, banged up bumper twice) or get a new one... My income is okay and I think I can pull off some car payments from my current budget... If you're in my situation, would you recommand getting a new car?

Thanks for the advance... I've been pondering this for a while so I figure to get some advice from you guys...

P.S. My current P5 is paid for...

I would recamend keeping the car,saving some money,and when the car finaly does crap out you'll have enough for something worth owning.

you cn pic up a lot of badass used cars for awsome prices.
IE.a freind of mine(RX-7 tech) has two cars for sale,a black,and a white turbo II rx-7s.

the black one completely stock engine has 500 miles(he breaks them in before selling them)$4000

the white one has a FMIC,exhaust,intake,port&polished,new tires.
1000 miles on new motor$6000.(white ones are a lot more rare)

just an example.

Latest posts

Back