Short Shifter Comparison image

Re: Re: Short Shifter Comparison image

SedanMan said:

Im sure Im not the only who noticed but this isnt a real picture. I didnt think it was such a problem but I got my kartboy today and the difference between stock isnt as big as it looks like in this picture.

Here is a picture I took tonight of the difference between stock(without extension) and kartboy.
QUOTE]

But in your opinion, did it make a HUGE difference when you replaced your stock shifter to the Kartboy one?

Re: Re: Re: Short Shifter Comparison image

Cameleon3 said:
But in your opinion, did it make a HUGE difference when you replaced your stock shifter to the Kartboy one?

Yes, it feels amazing.:D I was just saying, that the picture wasnt completely acurate. I would recommend the kartboy. With the bushings and knob, it feels great.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Short Shifter Comparison image

SedanMan said:

Yes, it feels amazing.:D I was just saying, that the picture wasnt completely acurate. I would recommend the kartboy. With the bushings and knob, it feels great.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU..that is what I wanted to hear...I ordered mine already..should get it by Friday or Monday...YAY!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Short Shifter Comparison image

Cameleon3 said:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU..that is what I wanted to hear...I ordered mine already..should get it by Friday or Monday...YAY!!!!

Here are some picture while you wait.

fc66c5f4.jpg

fc66c5f0.jpg

fc66c5e9.jpg
[/B][/QUOTE]

Kartboy=yes
TWM= yes and no. They have two models. One for the MP3 knob, one for the regular protege knob
B&M=yes

Hey SedanMan

I can see you have MAJOR calcium stains on your carpets. Try a mix of vinegar and water, smell disapears quickly, so do the stains.

Short Shifter : I prefer the B&M because of the design and the material used (solid stainless steel), and it doesn't sit too low in the console. My taste.

Ya those pictures were taken in the winter. I have removed the calcium stains since then. Using Avon bubble bath and warm water. And I use the turtle was PowerOut product to give my carpets a nice smell.

hey can all of these shifters take momo and sparco shift nobs?
and can i just take the extention off the stock shifter to make the height shorter?

seth said:
hey can all of these shifters take momo and sparco shift nobs?
and can i just take the extention off the stock shifter to make the height shorter?

Yes you can just remove the extension to make it shorter. Its what I did before getting my shortshifter.

All universal knobs will fit(MOMO), cause they are universal. I don't know how the sparcos hold on, so I can't comment on it.

i have a question for the man that removed his extention.. how the hell did you get that damned thing off.. it is spring loaded. and your sure the the stock nob just screws on there normal?

No the stock knob does not screw on there at all.

If you want to remove the extension, take a torch(or heating element of some kind) and pull on the extension. It should slide off within less than one minute of heating.

sorry I havent even gotten that far as to exposing the ext. The damn leather's in the way, how to get the leather out of ur way?

MinishotglasS said:
sorry I havent even gotten that far as to exposing the ext. The damn leather's in the way, how to get the leather out of ur way?

1.Open the storage compartment between both front seats
2.Pull the handbrake on.
3. Put your fingers in the slit where the handbrake is and pull.(This will remove the handbrake plastic contour)
4. Lift up the shifter contour from where the handbrake contour used to be.
5.Unscrew the 2 screw holding down the plastic perimeter that is holding the shiftboot.
6.Unhook the shiftboot fromt he plastic perimeter

Do you get a hookup from this guy? Like does he offer any discounts for being on the board? I'm interested in buying soon, and I want the best price, of course!

Coqui258 said:
Do you get a hookup from this guy? Like does he offer any discounts for being on the board? I'm interested in buying soon, and I want the best price, of course!

Who are you talking? Who are you talking about?

You can get it from kartboy or Spool-turbo

Back