self leveling HIDs

freekwonder

Contributor
:
Datsun 510/Nissan Frontier
Tried doing some searching and couldn't find anything on any of the 6 sites for this (well found one thread that was 3 years old and things may have changed since then). but does anybody have any idea about making the MS6 lights into auto leveling. We have atleast half the stuff needed since we have the manual leveling (motor and wiring for the motor). So at the most we are just missing some a sensor or two (which from looking at the whiteline sway bar instructions, There is a sensor attached to the rear sway bar http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/instructs/Z341_BMR82.pdf ). Maybe be one more sensor in the front and some wiring and maybe a brain or is all of it in the ECU? Has anybody looked into this at all. I know I would love to get the self leveling lights so I could get the electric folding mirrors also and need room for the mirror switch.

nobody has done any research on this or has any friends over sees. Is there anybody at a dealership that could look at a schematic.

Don't they sell the Mazda6 MPS in europe? I thought that self-leveling was required in those countries?

Since you guys have the motor, if there is no mazda solution for the auto-leveling it shouldn't be too hard, just a tilt sensor and a computer to translate the sensor readings into motor outputs.

Thing is though, I always thought the auto leveling lights used a weighed pivot system to suspend the projector. It's a lot simpler than doing it with a motor, I'm not sure why Mazda went through the trouble of the motor and knob for it.

Yes I think in Europe HIDS have to be self leveling by law and have pressure washers also. I'm not sure how they do it, but I would love to find out.

freekwonder said:
I have a speed 6.

My apologies I was under the impression the Speed6 already self leveled, didnt realize you had to actually hit a button to level the lights (just bought the car yesterday, so I'm still learning)

EDIT: What would be really hot is to rig a speed sensor to raise/lower the lights depending on your vehicle speed. . . I think thats what you would want - greater distance at higher speeds. . . or maybe I'm wrong:) Too bad it doesnt have motors for left/right so we could rig up something to turn based on steering angle.

its cool. No harm no fowl. But yes sadly the MS6 has manual leveling lights here in America. Sadly Europe, Japan, and Aussie land got the auto leveling.

Having the auto leveling on my RX8 and the manual on our MazdaSpeed6, I wish I had the manual on my 8. The auto leveling only "levels" with a significant amount of weight in the rear of the vehicle.

With the manual leveling I can adjust my lights up enough to make driving on the dark roads much better without having to use the high beams.

Back