Seats make clicking sound

Hank3

Asian Persuasion <><
Contributor
:
2010 Mazda5 GT
I did a search and it seems that some members have experienced the seatbelt buckle squeaking. The noise I'm hearing, however, is a clicking sound as if something is loose. I think it may be coming from the passenger seat - only when someone is sitting in it. Anyone else experience this with their MS3s?

Last edited:
I did a search and it seems that some members have experienced the seatbelt buckle squeaking. The noise I'm hearing, however, is a clicking sound as if something is loose. I think it may be coming from the passenger seat - only when someone is sitting in it. Anyone else experience this with their MS3s?

Mine had the same noise. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the seat, no more noise.

Mine had the same noise. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the seat, no more noise.

Whoa - that was a drastic fix. Don't know if my local dealer would go for that. How bad was the clicking sound on yours? Did it happen constantly or just oncein a while?

there could be something wrong with the air bag sensor on the seat... ? probably why it was switched out? just a guess. =/

Whoa - that was a drastic fix. Don't know if my local dealer would go for that. How bad was the clicking sound on yours? Did it happen constantly or just oncein a while?

Happened consistently, they tried adjustments and they didnt make a big difference so they replaced the seat and no issues since.

Mine is squeaking on the front seats and it does not happen when someone is siting, it seems like coming underneath the passenger front seats, any idea? I lubed and it didnt help, Any Idea how to fix this??

I get a rattling sound from my rear seat belt buckles usually when buckled but sometimes tehy just do it for fun.(gun)

The fix that winded up working for me was some WD-40 on the seatbelt bolt area.

The fix that winded up working for me was some WD-40 on the seatbelt bolt area.

Come the Apocalypse when society is destroyed and man is reduced to the bare necessities for survival, you can bet I'm arming myself with WD-40, duct tape, and an issue of Juggs (maybe July 2006. Great spread, thoughtful articles).

Hi Hank3,

this is happening front passenger side, do I need to take off the plastic where
the seatbelt bolt is? this is connected within the front seat (passenger side)

I didn't take anything off. Just made sure I pointed right on the bolt and sprayed. Make sure you use the straw :)

I get a squeak, but I'm positive its coming from the center console near the shifter.

Check the two centre console panels that wrap around to the respective driver and passenger footwell areas. I got more of a tick/slight rattle when taking off and was definitely more noticeable after I had my CPE motor mount installed. Right where the panel ends there is a slight gap between the panel and the centre console "tunnel" just beneath it. Tap on the panels with your fingers and if it makes noise, you can try dampening them with some thick foam or packing material. I did both sides and it worked like a charm on my car!

My seat has been squeaking too. Ive just been turning up the radio but on my next dealer visit Ill tell them about it.

i have had my passenger seat belt buckle replaced to fix the same squeaking. Now, I have noticed that my e-brake button rattles annoyingly.

Back