Seat heater question...

KW900A

:
2011 CX-9 AWD Touring
We have owned this CX9 for about 2 1/2 weeks now. It's a 2011 touring, how warm do the seat heaters normally get on high? I traded my loaded 2010 fusion and the heaters in it were pretty hot after awhile. I had a 06 speed6 but really can't remember the temp of the heaters. Do these normally run a bit cooler? They both seem about the same temp, but my wife keeps thinking something is wrong with them. You can feel them get warm, just not AS warm as I'd expect.

I have had 2 CX-9s and both of them have really good seat heaters. When its on high, you can really tell within a couple minutes. I usually have to turn it down within 10 minutes.

My '12 Mazda replaced an '04 Pilot. The Pilot got much hotter--scorching after 10 minutes, and I had to turn it to low. I don't find that the Mazda seats get as hot. I can definitely tolerate just keeping it on hi.

Mine work, but are nothing compared to the stock seat heaters my 05 Mazda6 has. Or even more-so my old Escalade. Those things would burn the back of your legs after 5 minutes.

Mine suck to be honest, they get 'warm' not hot. I can't feel them most of the time and they are always on, even in the summer.

This might shed some light on it. You get "High" and "Low", but the internal thermostat probably keeps it from getting to hot to avoid burning anyone. Personally, this is the first car I have with heated seats and they have performed great in the 0 degree weather lately. I like that I don't have to constantly adjust them. I just set it to "low" if i have a coat on and "high" if I don't :) I could be just giddy that I have heated seats at all though, hahaha.

heatedseats_zpsd3395cb3.jpg

Thanks Vold.. wasnt aware of that. That might explain it. It was 30 out today, had mine on high for no more then 5 minutes and had to turn it down to low. Even turned that off a little later. Thanks for the info..

in my opinion the seat warmers are very weak. they work ok when it is 40-50 degrees outside but anything below freezing they are inadequate. 15 mins in on a cold day and i am just starting to feel the warmth; and i can't tell whether it is my own body heat warming up the seat.

put it this way, the heat is blowing hot by the time my butt is getting warm. that's not how it is suppose to work. seat heaters should provide you with immediate comforting heat while you are waiting for the engine/coolant/heater to get to operating temp.

i was gonna have them inspected by the dealer while it was still under warranty. i called the service department and my impression was that it was a common complaint and they would look at it but as long as it got to a specific temperature, even if it took an hour, it was considered functioning normally.

i didn't waste my time.

I always wear jeans. And there's still a broad spectrum of temperature. I could probably fix this issue by just relocating the thermostat? :)

I normally only drive our on the weekends, low 20s here last night. I was in the car warming it up waiting on my wife, turned both heaters on and felt the seat before she had got in. There was warmth, but I feel like at best it was comparable to body heat. Oh well. At least they work, and in 10 minutes or so I can feel heat.

Sounds like its just the way they are.

Back