Seafoam Question

PSUENGR

:
2003.5 MSP
Another seafoam question...

I've searched the threads on here and decided that I'd rather do my seafoam through the PCV valve rather than suck it through the brake booster line and risk damaging the check valve in the line. At this point, I've pretty much decided that is the route I'm going to go, and I just want to know if I have the correct location. I have an extra vac line hose and I was planning on disconnecting the PCV valve and hooking up my extra line at the T junction and sucking it from the bottle at this location.

IMG_20130821_212103.jpg

Basically, is the spot line I'm pointing to the correct location?

Thanks in advance!

It will suck directly into the intake before the VTCS flaps. Just my 2 cents, in the 3 vehicles I have seafoamed each one had a Primary O2 sensor fail not long after.

Last edited:
Use a small funnel and pour it slowly. You never want it to suck in rapidly. Read the intructions on the can or go to the website. It works great and 99.999% it causes no issues. There are always going to be 0.001% cases were someone contends that it did. Just my 02 based on using it for decades in everything I own that uses fuel.

Remove the pcv hose and stick a funnel in it.
Pour it slowly (1/3 of the can or 5.33 ozs) and goose the throttle or have someone sitting in the car to keep the rpms around 2,000.
Turn off the engine and let it sit for 5 minutes or so.
Turn on the car and rev it to 2,000 rpms until the smoke clears.
Close the hood and go for a drive.

1001220zu6.jpg

Last edited:
There is also no proof it does anything, you are pouring a combustible liquid into an engine. Smoke pouring out the exhaust is most likely just the seafoam burning

It will suck directly into the intake before the VTCS flaps. Just my 2 cents, in the 3 vehicles I have seafoamed each one had a Primary O2 sensor fail not long after.
Not sure I understand what you are talking about. Are you suggesting not to seafoam because it will destroy the oxygen sensor? I've never read or heard this complaint from anyone else.
Use a small funnel and pour it slowly. You never want it to suck in rapidly. Read the intructions on the can or go to the website. It works great and 99.999% it causes no issues. There are always going to be 0.001% cases were someone contends that it did. Just my 02 based on using it for decades in everything I own that uses fuel.

Remove the pcv hose and stick a funnel in it.
Pour it slowly (1/3 of the can or 5.33 ozs) and goose the throttle or have someone sitting in the car to keep the rpms around 2,000.
Turn off the engine and let it sit for 5 minutes or so.
Turn on the car and rev it to 2,000 rpms until the smoke clears.
Close the hood and go for a drive.

1001220zu6.jpg

Will do.

There is also no proof it does anything, you are pouring a combustible liquid into an engine. Smoke pouring out the exhaust is most likely just the seafoam burning
I agree that it is definitely just the seafoam burning up in the engine that causes the smoke, but if it cleans up some of the carbon buildup on the way that would be a plus. If it doesn't, I wasted a few bucks...

You won't waste your money and no one will be able to provide empirical evidence that Seafoam does not work. Only plenty of anecdotal theories. It's been around since 1947 with countless satisfied users. My primary 02 sensor is the same one that came in the car when I drove it off of the lot 10 years ago. Over 103,500 miles and counting.

If you have not used it before you may want to try a 2nd treatment. I have even left it in overnight on occasion.

You won't waste your money and no one will be able to provide empirical evidence that Seafoam does not work. Only plenty of anecdotal theories. It's been around since 1947 with countless satisfied users. My primary 02 sensor is the same one that came in the car when I drove it off of the lot 10 years ago. Over 103,500 miles and counting. Lol

If you have not used it before you may want to try a 2nd treatment. I have even left it in overnight on occasion.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing it overnight. So I should put it in via the funnel with the engine running, and then turn it off as soon as it's all in. Let it sit overnight and then fire it up in the morning?

Back