Sea Foam and engine bay cleaning

SINnSAINT

:
2000 Mazda Protege LX
I put a 16 oz. can of Sea Foam engine treatment in my 2000 Mazda Protg LX 1.6 and saw no smoke! I didn't put it in oil reservoir...only in gas tank! Do I have to put in oil and gas tank to get full effect of the product...or is it simply BEST to do both?

I also want to clean my engine bay? Have you ever did it and how did you do it? Do I have to cover spark plugs, alternator...or just battery?

you will not see "smoke" if you only put it in the gas tank. to get the full upper cylinder cleaning, you need to remove the brake booster line and feed it right into the intake manifold.

Just make sure you feed it gradually while you keep the revs up, because the engine is gonna want to die on you.

It makes a good smoke show. If your car is running fine I'm not a big advocate of using products like sea foam.

It makes a good smoke show. If your car is running fine I'm not a big advocate of using products like sea foam.

I had posted in a new thread that my engine was kind of erratic outside of the EGR prob. I'm guessin the seafo removes carbon build up. I also don't like dumpin junk in my motor but I'm might just try it.

It does remove carbon build up but sometimes that can lead to other problems such as the car suddenly burning oil. I would start with a good tune up if it hasn't been done.

^ exactly. Sometimes the sludge is all that is holding the engine together.

Back