Scoche Kit and AVIC-D3 NAV pictures

CRD

:
07 Mazda CX-7
I decided to buy the AVIC-D3 one more time but this time with the scoche kit, it came with a rear view camera and I also bought (2) Infinity Kappa 10.1 subs.

I still need to buy doors Component Speakers, Amps, XMnavtraffic.

I will also install a front CCD Color night vision camera.

PS: I broke the hazard swicth when I was installing the nav, now it doesn't click to stay on :(. It was my fault for pulling the switch instead of unclipping the button.

AVIC-D3 with 3D mode view
1002222bo0.jpg

AVIC-D3 with the rear view CCD camera
1002221rq2.jpg

Crutchfield BOYO rear view camera
1002214vx6.jpg

Infinity Kappa 10.1 Subwoofer
1002217fg6.jpg

Very nice! Can you post a wider angle pic showing where you put the subs?

RE the broken hazard switch. You may want to get it fixed, as I think it's a requirement to pass vehicle inspections.

Vince

Very nice! Can you post a wider angle pic showing where you put the subs?

RE the broken hazard switch. You may want to get it fixed, as I think it's a requirement to pass vehicle inspections.

Vince

Right now the subs are installed on a regular box, I have them loose in my trunk until I get the amps.

I was just looking at the exact same thing at Crutchfield this morning! I saw they are including that camera free, initially I thought I'd rather have the true Pioneer camer but that doesn't look half bad there at all. Since you just did this I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions as I'm trying to decide between the D3 and Z2 myself right now.

What does the GPS antenna look like and where does it have to be run? Does it have to go outside the vehicle somewhere? I'm worried if I do that plus XM my roof's gonna look pretty crowded! Does the D3 allow dual zone like if you add a rear monitor, can you send a DVD signal there and listen to something else up front?

What do you think of the Nav so far, if you've tried it? Is it a pain to have to load the Nav disks? I like the Z2 for that aspect that the Nav data is on the HD, but I like the D3 how you can load disks directly in w/o flipping the mechanism down, so I'm really torn which way to go.

Was it hard getting the wiring back to the rear hatch for the camera? Did you go down the floor or in the headliner? If you have any pics of how you routed the camera wiring I'd be interested to see it. Sorry for all the questions, I've been debating on this for months now. I have the Scosche kit and I had B&I dip it gloss black, so that's just sitting in the garage waiting for me to decide which HU! lol

Camera wiring should be easy. You get it from the tail light wires inside the access panel in your cargo area, and drop a wire through the drain plug next to the tire to get to the camera mounted on or underneath your bumper. Open your trunk door, and the cargo tray, you will see what I mean.

Back