San Francisco / San Jose MSP needed for test drive

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Proteg
The steering in my MSP doesn't quite feel the way it used to. If you live in the Bay Area, I'd like to test drive your MSP to compare. Better yet, drive mine and tell me what you think.

The history of the issue (short version) is that there was noticeable movement in the right tie rod. The steering rack was replaced, which solved the problem to an extent, but I can still feel the difference. I have asked the local dealer to compare the way it feels to a known good MSP, but the chances of an MSP showing up are slim.

I'm located in Hayward, but willing to drive a bit to compare. If anyone can help, please send a PM.

KaliCali said:
If I still lived up there I'd help you out. Hows the steering feel? not as responsive?

I would say it has recently become too responsive/active. Every single imperfection in the road causes a noticeable tug on the steering wheel. When braking, the car feels like it wants to pull to one side or the other. As of this afternoon, the car has been to two dealerships, and they haven't found anything. An alignment was suggested, but this was done just a few weeks ago.

Where did you move?

I live in San Mateo right off 92.
Is that close enough for you?

However, I think my car does something very similar to what you described as well. Only depends on which of our cars does it in a minor manner.
And my steering wheel shakes a little..... maybe because of my wheels that may not be perfectly round.

Either way, PM me if you want to pay me a visit.

Vick, you wanna meet up too?

msfamilia said:
I live in San Mateo right off 92.
Is that close enough for you?

However, I think my car does something very similar to what you described as well. Only depends on which of our cars does it in a minor manner.
And my steering wheel shakes a little..... maybe because of my wheels that may not be perfectly round.

Either way, PM me if you want to pay me a visit.

Vick, you wanna meet up too?

Yea Jacky That would be cool. This way we can get a little get together, adn also test drive three different MSps to see and feel the difference.

What time would be good for you Jacky? I already talked to 088 (Michal) and know Weekend or Friday Evening would be good.

Call me up or just post up if you want. I'll be at work ti'll 3pm tomorrow have the morning shift. So yea

My car use to do the same thing. But then I was in a wreck. It was rebuilt and aligned three times. Finally I decided to get a set of K-Sports and have a highly recommended professional speed shop align the car after the coilover install. No more tram lining. Dealerships aren't always a safe bet. The dealer I took my MSP too did an alignment and the car still tram lined. I did get a set of ruined AVS ES 100's and stock rims out of the visit though. Find someone local who realy knows how the car is set up and have them address the issue.

So what's up we meeting Saturday or Sunday evening? If it's sunday I won't be able to stay long I have owrk in the Morning...for the whole week.

Nope

Nope. None of the other MSPs showed up. I'm working now in Foster City -- that might be more convenient, if anyone wants to help. I would appreciate it.

Notorious_V.I.C said:
088 Did you get any help when you went to the meet??

Sorry I could not make it out. Hope someone was able to help you.

Back