rx-8 powertrain

MSPYOUNGERS38

:
MSP
i was wondering if it was possible to replace the powertrain on the 8 with the rx7s? and if anyone knew the final gear ratio in both?

Just curious, why? It's nearly bullet proof. Not sure on final ratio, but the 8 has a carbon fiber drive shaft.

It can be done and it has been done. You can even put a 3 rotor in it if you would like. When I had my RX-8 I started that project. Had motor, turbo, ECU ready. Just needed to finish the fuel system and get the gear cryo treated. If you use the Interceptor X ECU, you can use it for the 13B REW. Just talk to the guys at www.Mazsport.net and they will be able to guide you. FYI though. it is easier to drop a 20B than the 13B REW because the way the exhaust manifold is and the engine mounts location.

Did I mention it is not cheap? I was about $11K into it and it wasn't ready to be installed. I needed about another $5k to finish.

oh wow well that will be ok its not to big of a problem, im just workin on the protege right now, but ill cpme around to it some time.

For reference.

RX-7 diff ratio

Series-6 (92-95) = MT 4.1 - AT 3.9

Series-7 (96-98) = MT 4.1 (Type-RS, RZ = 4.3) AT 3.9

Series-8 (99-02) = MT 4.1 (Type-RS, RZ, Spirit-R = 4.3) AT 3.9

RX-8 diff ratio

Series-1 (03-07) = MT 4.4 - AT 4.3

Series-2 (08-??) = MT 4.7 - AT 4.3

REgards

Back