Roof Racks: What do you have? Pictures!

Joker2

:
2011 Mazda 2 Sport 5 MT
I am looking into the roof rack with 2 bike carriers!
What do you carry up high? Canoe, Snowboard, Skis, Bikes, Basket for groceries/luggage?

Do you find the rack easy to install and remove or did you have the dealer install it and left it alone?

Cheers!(popcorn)

We have the factory rack and two bike carriers. We had the dealer install it, but I removed it last winter so t wouldn't wear through the paint finish. I have t put it back on since, but it should be fairly easy to remount. The initial adjustment is what will likely take the most time.

I'd love to see a pic of the factory bike rack. Or, any for that matter. I"ll be getting my 2 in the next few days and still deciding between either a Yakima or Thule. Will follow up once I get 'em.

I got the OEM roofrack. Looks clean! Really adds to the sporty look, imo. Only drawback is you can sometimes hear it on the highway, but not an issue for me. Will be installing Yakima frontloader bike mounts this week.

attachment.php

I'm about to get an inno rack for the mazda5 my wife will be getting soon. Anyone try that on their 2? I'd like to have a rack that both cars can use. Today I bought a set of yakima control towers and #11 landing pads, but I noticed some negative reviews when I went online to buy another pair of the pads (since I forgot to buy 2 sets when I was at rei).

I've got a set of Whispbars on my 2. They're pretty solid, and you can't really notice them on the freeway (or at the gas pump). The only problem I've found is that I get hatch interference with any bike mount I've tried (unless I flip them backwards, which I hate). Has anyone else had this issue?

Well, since this has been bumped up.....

I've been using a Rola rack on mine for awhile now. Similar to the whispbars but at a fraction of the cost. Looks stock (actually alot better than the OEM setup IMO). I use inno racks for my mountain bikes (the kind that you don't have to take the front wheel off) and I have no problem with the hatch. The roof rack saves me a ton of money by allowing me to use the 2 for kayaking (usually 2-3 hours one way to the rivers I paddle).

Back