Rola Roof Rack Installed + a few pics

How do you get the black rails off? I only looked real quick but I didn't really see anything?

x2 need to know how to remove the black rails

i live in germany and the mazda dealer said they need to see if the car has the fixed points to mount the oem roof rack. all they would do is remove the US black rail and replace with a Euro one and i would be able to mount it.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly on either end there is a head, looks like the head of a nail that fits into a hole on the rail. I pushed the rail towards the hatch, and then lifted the front (windshield side) upwards to see if that unlocked it.

Then there are little metal spring like tabs that hold it in place as well, you just pull those straight up. Dont forget about the head on the rear, I broke mine, but the rack holds it down enough so it doesnt flail in the wind.

The rails are metal on the inside, so you will need to be gentle while pushing it back in so it doesnt bend or crease.

Well I managed to get them off without breaking them with some judicious wiggling. Did your car already have the holes drilled for the mounts? I see a bunch of dimples that look like they are locations for the holes to be but they aren't drilled.

crap I just realized I was in the 3 section. I have a 6 hatch. Do you think they would add the bolt holes or nuts or whatever to the 3 and not the 6?

Last edited:
Yeah the rain gutter things snap back in no problem. I already have a thule rack at my place brand new but I'm not thrilled with the look of it. So I was searching for other options.

I know this is an old thread, but i am planning on ordering this rack for my '10 3 Sedan. How wel has it held up over the years?

I know this is an old thread, but i am planning on ordering this rack for my '10 3 Sedan. How wel has it held up over the years?

I had a set of Rola racks back in the late 80s/early 90s and they were beautiful, very sleek and held up exceedingly well. I had them on an Aussie market car back then and they withstood crazy heat, dry, as well as cold climates equally well.

If you don't want an agricultural looking setup, you'd be hard-pressed to get a better looking rack on your roof, especially on you 2010, which has the removable caps for hard-mounting to your car's roof rails.

Awesome, thanks for the update and feedback. I saw the demo pics of the rolla on etrailer.com didnt look bad, but im still searching.

Im still 100% satisfied with the racks. When I clean them up they look like they did when new. Couldnt ask for a better product really.

Back