Rishie's FITMENT RECIPE

i would get the 215/40's for the little bit extra tread

And you don't think that would be too much tire at all? As in there shouldn't be an rubbing issues, right?

Do you see any other problem spots with my current suggested setup?

Sorry, I just noticed that 205/40 brings some significantly cheaper tire options than the 215/40's. There is a problem with the 205s they are just a little thinner, right?

i would do 205/45 if you don't want to go 215/40. either size on a 17x7.5 +50 will work just fine.

agreed ^ im running 17x8 +38 wheels on my car. with 215/45s on it right now. with tein springs. the fronts are fine even at full lock out turning BUT the rear definitely does need some work. some roll and maybe a slight pull but i doubt ill need to pull it much if at all.

How will 15x6.5 +40 fit on my 99 protege sedan on megan springs and stock struts? Could I possibly fit a +35 on the same 15x6.5? Also the tires will be 195/45/15 I don't wanna rub but I'll roll and pull the fenders if needed. Thanks

How will 15x6.5 +40 fit on my 99 protege sedan on megan springs and stock struts? Could I possibly fit a +35 on the same 15x6.5? Also the tires will be 195/45/15 I don't wanna rub but I'll roll and pull the fenders if needed. Thanks

you will fit just fine with a 195/45-15 on a 15x6.5 +40, and even a +35 should give you any issues. that is a very small tire, though!

ok, hopefully you guys can help me out....

02 protg sedan was on 17 x 7.5 wheels with a 40et. Lowered... now they rub like a mad man. not looking to roll fenders so I went and Picked up some 15" wheels.

Specs are 15x6 et 46. (GSR Fat Fives, which I polished up)

what I'm looking for is what tire size to run with them????

Car is on Sensen struts and ebay drop springs....

that's how it sits with no one in it. add my 350lbs ass and .............you get the idea.

NOW... the kicker is I would like to go with As wide a tire as I can go. I like Bubble in my side walls.
I'm going for this kind of look...
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?45012-01-Protege-race-car
or
https://www.google.com/search?q=fat...sccaforums.com%2Fforums%2Faft%2F43299;800;600

but with the 15x6 wheel. I can space them out if I need to.

help me out guys...

17x7 +45 with 215/45/17 tires....

will it blend? I'm a bit concerned with the middle tire size (the 45 in 215/45/17) as Rishie's OP post doesn't list it.

I really don't want to roll any fenders and I want the closest match to stock, not interested with inheriting any problems hah. Just a DD, looking to spice up my wheels as the stock 16"s have the chrome flaking and peeling off, fading and looking disgusting and whatnot. I don't know much about rims? (sssh)

Thanks! :)

Hey guys, want to start looking into getting wheel spacers for my protege MP3 with racing harts.

They are mp3 racing harts 17x7 with +55mm offset and looking to get 215/45/17 tires on them. I also want to add 20/15mm spacers up front (so +30 or +40mm up front) and 15 mm spacers in the rear (+40mm rear). Has anybody seen this kind of set up with the stock rims? I will be lowered on tein s techs as well (2" front 1.4" rear drop).

Don't plan on rolling my fenders but at least have it semi-flush. What do you guys think?

03 LX with racing beat springs. Looking at these rims with 205/45/16. I think they will fit, but I'm not great with figment stuff. Thanks.

Front and Rear

Size: 16x7.5
Offset: +38mm
Backspacing: 5.71"
Bolt Pattern: 4-100
Rec. Tire Size: 205/45-16
Weight: 18.5lbs.
Finish: Silver Painted
Construction: 1pc. Gravity Cast
Finish Warranty: 1 Year

those will be tight to the fender, and MIGHT require a roll. if you don't want to roll your fenders, i would look for something in the +45-48 offset for a better fit.

03 LX with racing beat springs. Looking at these rims with 205/45/16. I think they will fit, but I'm not great with figment stuff. Thanks.

Front and Rear

Size: 16x7.5
Offset: +38mm
Backspacing: 5.71"
Bolt Pattern: 4-100
Rec. Tire Size: 205/45-16
Weight: 18.5lbs.
Finish: Silver Painted
Construction: 1pc. Gravity Cast
Finish Warranty: 1 Year

Wow I was just going to order some rims from TireRack or discounttiredirect but now it seems I have to do a lot more research.

muta3ygu.jpg
my new engine I just finished building...

Had a set of Kosei Sniper wheels given to me today for free, was wondering if anyone could tell me if they would work. Stock 03 P5 suspension

They are 17x8, +45 offset, 5x114.3 lug pattern, 23.5 lb each. Looking at putting 205/40-17 Hankook Ventus2 Concept2 tires on them. Not sure if they will fit though, has anyone had any luck with 17x8 wheels? These were on my buddies 96 Probe GT that is long gone and he wanted them out of the garage, so good score for me if they work ;) (if not, sell em and buy some 17s that do work, so win win either way lol, however I do like these wheels and would like to use them). Will 205 tires even be wide enough for these rims? They had 225/45-17 on them when I got them, pretty beat tires so I had them pulled and disposed of...At largest I'd go 215, but I almost guarantee I'd rub with them, even on a 35 series tire...

205 will look very small on those rims but will work, as would a 215/45. But you may need a 5 or 8mm spacer to clear the strut with an 8" wheel.

205 will look very small on those rims but will work, as would a 215/45. But you may need a 5 or 8mm spacer to clear the strut with an 8" wheel.

Thats what I was thinking. The 8 in wheel is a bit too wide I suspect. Don't really want to go with 215 but if they look/fit better then thats what I plan to use and I'll go with a 40 series tire. So long as the sidewalls are flush and aren't stretched (which I suspect is the case with 205's) I'm happy.

Looks like this may have to take a backburner for a bit though, my throwout bearings are getting a bit crunchier and I need a clutch soon :/

Back