Rim warranty??

Todd

While washing my rims the other day, I noticed 2 of them have spots that are bubbling up as if there was rust underneath it. The next day I parked beside another Protege with the same problem. I wonder if any of you have had this issue and if this might be covered under warranty.

If they are not covered under warranty I think the bubble will flake off and then the rims will start to look ugly. Any body in the Toronto area know of any rim repair place that could fix this and any idea how much it might cost?

Thanks

Here is an update. I went to Mazda and asked if the rims are covered in warranty. They said "Are they bubbling up on you?" I said yes. They took a look and said yes they have seen this on a few cars. They are getting me 4 new rims. So anyone with a 2002 Protege with stock rims, check look at them closely, if you see that they are bubbling a bit and your car is in warranty, you should be getting new rims.

I have had this problem for 4 months. Took it to mazda 4 F***ing months ago, and they say, we r waiting for the district manager. Thats it i am calling mazda NA! I hate Lou Bachrodt!!

Good News!!!

good news. HAHA so i call up mazda NA yesterday pissed of as hell (pissed)thats its been so long for the rim warranty. So they call up Lou bachrodt (cock suckers) and b**** them out or something. Today Lou bachrodt calls me up and says that i should bring my car in tomorw to see how many rims they should order! HAHAHHA THOSE FAT s**** AT LOU BACHRODT SUCK!!!! I WIN! (dance)

i know i posted i had that problem on that forum too, and they r still not replaced.
But i got 2 questions. 1. What if like 3 of the 4 rims are messed up will they only replace 3?
2. If i take it to them tomorw and they see the rims with the problems, and then i put after market rims on, will i have to put the stock ones back on wen the OEM rims come in?

"1. What if like 3 of the 4 rims are messed up will they only replace 3?
2. If i take it to them tomorw and they see the rims with the problems, and then i put after market rims on, will i have to put the stock ones back on wen the OEM rims come in?"

He checked each rim so you would only have 3 replaced. He looked close and saw it bubbling where I did`nt even notice, so look very carefully and hope that you see a little bit on the 4th rim.

I dont see why you would have to put the stock rims back on when you pick them up. In fact you are probably helping them out so they dont have to put the rims back on your car.<!-- / message -->

My Bubbles Are Bursting!!!

I don't mean to drag up an old thread (ok, that's a lie...), but my wheels are bubbling as well. Actually, I wasn't bother by this until I notices that the bubbles are starting to burst.

I bought the car used and it was out of warranty at the time. Will the wheels be covered by some sort of a rust warranty? Or just the standard 3 year, 60,000 km one?

Thanks all.

most likely standard warranty, you're probably s*** out of luck, go beat up the previous owner

mogi said:
most likely standard warranty, you're probably s*** out of luck, go beat up the previous owner

**Reaches for the bat....**

Thanks, that's what I figured, but was hoping otherwise.

I don't understand why he didn't take care of that while the car wa under warranty. Clearly these didn't appear overnight. I still don't consider it to be a big deal, but it I could get some new rims, i'd be stupid not to.

Once the Proxes4 wear down, time for some 17's....

How about i ship you my bubbly wheels and you go get another "replacement"?
Tell them you can't believe how crappy these wheels are!

Or get out the sandpaper, because all thats bubbling off is the bad paint.

After you have them sanded you can either a) repaint or B) shine more to get a polished effect.

Iceman112k3 said:
Or get out the sandpaper, because all thats bubbling off is the bad paint.

After you have them sanded you can either a) repaint or B) shine more to get a polished effect.

Ahhhh, that makes sense. I was wondering how the aluminum could be rusting.... pieces weren't adding up.

Thanks for the info. I actually like the look of the stock rims, so may be a repaint will be in order. What is the preferred color for a black mica p5?

Back