Rim fittting question???

im running 17x7 42mm offset with 205/40, and i dont rub at all, everyone was telling me that i will rub. I took turns at 50 fully loaded

jayka said:
So 40mm is not going to fit any protege even though the car is not lowered?
its totally dependant on the size of the wheel....how wide of a wheel are you talking about? a 7.5? a 7? a 6? more details please.

wrong section, check the rim/tire section.

u need a +48 offset

Im not sure that people here really understand the whole concept of wheel offset. the offset is the distance from the center-line of the wheel to where the wheel actually mounts to the hub. our cars have a 50mm offset stock. as long as you calculate correctly you could fit numerous offsets just be carful because using different offsets can add stress to the hub assembly. personally i would keep an offset close to the 50mm. The lesser amount of offset that you use the farther out the wheel will protrude from under the fender and vice versa.good luck searching.

Okay....with a 205 width tire...and a 7 inch wheel...the LEAST amount of offset that is RECOMMENDED by Rishie...our resident wheel/tire expert (he actually owns his own performance wheel/tire/suspension shop for those of you that don't know him) is a +42 and higher......if you want to run a 215, then a +45 is recommended.

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but...does Rishie's receipe take into account that as long as you follow his offset numbers, your car won't rub even if you lower it?

Protege Mommy said:
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but...does Rishie's receipe take into account that as long as you follow his offset numbers, your car won't rub even if you lower it?
YES, his recipe does take that into account.

Back