Resuming Playback with 2014 Mazda6 GT with flash drive

:
2010 CX-9 GT, 2014 Mazda6 GT
OK, using ONLY USB flash drive connection and usb thumb drive with mp3's, turn off ignition after playing the 3rd song, and when you restart the unit will begin at song 1 instead of 4 (or 3 if in the middle of third song). It works like it should when you ONLY power off the audio WITH the ignition still on.

I have over a hundred songs on each flash drive, and when playing song 50, after restarting the car, I either have to go forward 49 songs, or back up 49 songs to get to where the music stopped previously. this is the only thing that is really pissing me off about this car, it is a PITA!! it is a DEFECT in the software.

Is it just mine or are all of you having this issue?

Yes, this is happening with flash drives and iPods but my iPhone 5 starts off wherever I last left. Whatever it is they have programmed for the iPhone they need to do for the rest.

Ya this is basic function.. anyway if there is a software patch doubt it will come free!!!

I think my solution to this will be to just burn a disc full of MP3s until this gets fixed/patched... I'll probably just swap out the entire unit for a Kenwood doubledin AVN. Looks like it should fit that spot perfectly. I just hope I'll still be able to use the control thingy on the center console along with the steering wheel controls.

I've got a CX-5 as a loaner right now while my 6 is at the dealer... the stereo/nav unit looks identical and it DOES remember where the USB drive song list left off... that means it's fixable with a software update.

Also, I think I like the info screen layout on the CX'5s dash a little better than on my 6. On the CX-5, the outside temp is constantly in view and there arent any blank screens. I hope that's software upgradeable too.

I've got a CX-5 as a loaner right now while my 6 is at the dealer... the stereo/nav unit looks identical and it DOES remember where the USB drive song list left off... that means it's fixable with a software update.

Also, I think I like the info screen layout on the CX'5s dash a little better than on my 6. On the CX-5, the outside temp is constantly in view and there arent any blank screens. I hope that's software upgradeable too.

Is it a 2013? My understanding from folks in the CX-5 forum is that it DOES work with the 2013 CX-5 GT, but NOT the 2014 CX-5 GT.

Not sure Kinks... Not really familiar with the CX-5s, but the interior looks almost exactly the same and it has the same head unit installed. The car may probably be a 2013 but I'll check to be sure when I get off work later.

Latest posts

Back