Replacing Front Brake pads, seems tight

While replacing front pads on my 97, both sides are very tight on the bottom clips. I had to file tits slightly to make slide freely. Is this common? The top tits slipped into the clips fine and moved freely.

billy bronco said:
While replacing front pads on my 97, both sides are very tight on the bottom clips. I had to file tits slightly to make slide freely. Is this common? The top tits slipped into the clips fine and moved freely.
Post a query on www.miataforum.com ... with an enormous user base of very knowledgeable people.

Buy a shop manual...best one out there the Enthusiast's Manual (for your 1997 you'll need the Red book with Yellow Miata).

B.L. Zebop said:
Post a query on www.miataforum.com ... with an enormous user base of very knowledgeable people.

Buy a shop manual...best one out there the Enthusiast's Manual (for your 1997 you'll need the Red book with Yellow Miata).

Thanks for the advise, I think I'll move over there and see if I can get some questions answered as there does not seem to be much activity here.

Thats perfectly normal.

Sometimes the bottom brass clip wants to stay on the pad.

No big deal, pry it off, slip it back in and just turn the pad at a 45 degree angle, and it will go in every time.

Be sure to reuse the teflon backing plates on the pads, keeps the noise way down.

I did have to do some minor filling on the tit to make it fit right, no big deal. Now the rears were a bit different but I figured them out, car stops on a dime now, thanks

Back