Repairing Radiator???

yeloprofan

:
'02 Pro5
So I was putting on my header this afternoon and the darn thing slipped off the mounting studs
eek.gif
and smacked into the rad making a small hole into one of the coolant tubes.

Anyone ever attempt a repair and had it work. I am thinking some JB weld but if there is a better way please fill me in.

I had the same thing happen while doing the same thing :)

I took mine to a local Radiator shop and he fixed it with this clear goop stuff. It is extremely high temp stuff and has held up the passed few weeks without a problem, and I have been running my car hard since I got the new header to use.

YellowPR5 said:
I had the same thing happen while doing the same thing :).
Next time you're working in that spot and want to keep the radiator dent free - cut a piece of cardboard the same size as the opening. Very handy thing to know over the years. HTH

Fluffy Bunny said:
Next time you're working in that spot and want to keep the radiator dent free - cut a piece of cardboard the same size as the opening. Very handy thing to know over the years. HTH
Good idea but I have a scrap piece of wood I will use instead. Had cardboard been there, the header would have gone right through it too. Damn heavy stock piece of crap cat/header.

Thanks guys, took it to the rad shop and they used that clear epoxy stuff and it looks like it will be fine. Cost much less than I new rad so i am happy.

Good tip on the cardboard, I thought about that afterward and will use that always in the future.

Back