Removing Intake Resonator tomorrow.

FrankenMazda3

:
2010 Mazda Axela
Since I will be needing to do this anyway once I order my Injen CAI, why not do it now. I got a very good write up from someone on this forum on a good how to. Can't wait to hear it when it is all done. Will try and do a video if I can of a before and after for sound. Any hints or advice would be helpful.

Daniel

So I am stuck.. I really Don't know what the resonator is and the instructions I have are very vague. I would Really like some assistance

What I have noticed from any CAI for the 2010 is that they look just like SRIs. (i.e. look at the picture of this installed CAI that Injen has vs the generic product pictures on the Injen site)
I'm willing to bet you're not even going to need to mess with the res.

Not only that, but wasn't that res removal posted by someone with an 06 or something?

my take on it is this: if you dont know what you are doing, dont do it.

just wait for your injen to be installed, and follow their instructions.

Well I know What I'm doing, it was just odd not seeing the resonator not where it is on older Mazda 3's. But I was planning on waiting till it gets in. But someone said it would be good to do it now, so it just took some time to know what I was needing to do. It's odd though some 2010 owners say they took out the resonator. They never specified exactly what it is.

Well I know What I'm doing, it was just odd not seeing the resonator not where it is on older Mazda 3's. But I was planning on waiting till it gets in. But someone said it would be good to do it now, so it just took some time to know what I was needing to do. It's odd though some 2010 owners say they took out the resonator. They never specified exactly what it is.

just start pulling the intake out, and leave everything between the filter box and the throttle body. i dont see the point of doing any of it if you are getting an intake anyway. if anything, removing the resonator will probably reduce power at some rpm range and only make the car louder.

seriously, just wait for your intake.

Yeah I'm planning on it, it's been a pain saving money for so many things when I wanna spend it all on my car. But I'm sure I will wait till I get my CAI in to deal with any of this. But I'm sure once I start doing performance mods with having a new car is a bad idea. I would really prefer waiting a few more years and just do cosmetic mods for now.

Definitely get a pic of it. I just want to confirm which one Injen is actually selling; the long true CAI or the shorter SRI.

I took mine off and it only took me a little bit of messing aroudn to get it out. the thing is that the write up was done for 1st Gen 3's im not sure if the steps are the same for then 2nd gen's. should be but again i don't want to misslead you here. I will take some pictures of when i did mine and what mine looks like if that will help you.

Back