Redline Time Attack joins the Mazdas247.com Community!

thank you. kicking up a lot of dirt is always something cool. especially when doing it at those high speeds.

Michele, we didn't see you at Willow Springs. Rene from Paladin Auto was there with us among with many other people that were going to introduce us.

Sorry buddy, I was in CA racing, but at Auto Club Speedway. I am racing with NASA, and just earned my TT License so i I will be competing all year in TT-E. Good luck this season! The car looks great!

So finding info on the Redline website is terrible. I guess I'll just show up this weekend and talk to people. Doesn't look like anyone can just show up, pay registration and race. At least I'll learn for next year.

Ok found the right page with all the important info on it

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/?page_id=1523

Fees are no joke. At this point it looks to be about $775 to enter, a little too rich for my blood. The TimeTrials I enter with ProAutosports is only $30 including the transponder rental, with race registration $150 for the day, and a $50/yr membership.

update: Read through the rules and a minimum 4 point roll cage is required for all cars in all classes. Neither of my cars have roll cages at this point, that's a pretty big commitment.

Last edited:
Yeah it was more open last year but for this season they changed it up completely. Now its sponsored cars, pros and pro-ams .

Yeah appears so. That's too bad. I am still gonna go out on Sunday and watch. Admission is free so nothing to lose but time. It appears they are on the main track this year so at least there are seats.

So I went to the Redline Event and it was pretty cool. Not too big of a turn out, but I guess they are making their money from the TV show called Circuit Battles, which is on some station I've never heard of called Versus.

Turns out the guy who I buy most of my aftermarket C6 stuff was there running his World Challenge Corvette. Lou Gigliotti. He won, not surprisingly, but it wasn't by much. There was an all-motor 350Z there that somehow was quicker than the Vette out of the hole. I can only guess gearing and a much higher revving motor. Since they had to push the 350Z around, I am gonna guess it wasn't making power until 4k rpms.

The big surprise was a former drag car Mini Cooper that was running with the big dogs. It came in last in the little 1:1 tournament they did at the end of the day, but it wasn't far behind.

There were no Protege's there unfortunately. Some Civics, Focus, Tc, RSX, S2000, NSX, G35, lots of Evos, WRX, GTO, GT-R. Lotus was there pacing the thing with Evoras and their were a couple all Lotus events.

None of these cars had a full interior, all had a 6 pt roll cage. The closest thing to a street car was the GT-R, but modifications were extensive and crazy. Lots of the turbo'd cars had dump to atmosphere wastegates popping out of the hood or through some vent in the fenders. I think one of the S2000's had it's full exhaust coming out of the hood even though I am pretty sure the rules state that the exhaust needs to be behind the front wheels. More than a few had multiple wastegates as well.

I've been toying with the idea of putting a roll cage in the C6, but I am sure the wife would be against it. She has a hard enough time with me just fixing broken things on the Protege. Looking at their times though, I am pretty sure I could be competitive.

Nice, I want to go back and see it when they go again at willow springs. Those cars were there for the first event as well but the Mini didn't run as something was wrong with it. It seems last season had more pro cars as well. the cobb gtr, world racing TCs etc. I wonder were they went.

I want to go to a redline time attack event but havent been able to because of work. Next time they are at willow I will try And go.

I want to go to a redline time attack event but havent been able to because of work. Next time they are at willow I will try And go.

you should come to the event next weekend. its both NASA Socal, AND Global Time Attack. check out the website to learn more. The world's fastest time attack cars will be competing :) including myself

Willow Springs May 21-22

you too psyco-joe

thats great. that's what I want to see. I will try to get the people from our meet to go with us again. thanks for the heads up!

you should come to the event next weekend. its both NASA Socal, AND Global Time Attack. check out the website to learn more. The world's fastest time attack cars will be competing :) including myself

Willow Springs May 21-22

you too psyco-joe

Michelle, no offense, none of these guys seemed to be in your budget class. LG has spent millions racing for instance, and there wasn't a single car there besides the Evora pace car that appeared to be capable of legally driving home.
Is there a street tire class that was missing from Firebird event? Can you explain what changed between when you ran with Redline and what I saw last month?

She runs for different teams sometimes. she ran the John Cooper Works Mini Cooper and has driven crowsworth's wrx before. I don't know what car she is running at this event though.

Willow Springs May 21-22

you too psyco-joe

Michelle, I didn't see you competing? Or did I miss something? Will be back at Vegas working on our STi and prepping it for round 3 of redline time attack!!!Swing by Paladin if you can!

Michelle, no offense, none of these guys seemed to be in your budget class. LG has spent millions racing for instance, and there wasn't a single car there besides the Evora pace car that appeared to be capable of legally driving home.
Is there a street tire class that was missing from Firebird event? Can you explain what changed between when you ran with Redline and what I saw last month?

Tell me about it. LG is indeed over-invested into this. Their research and development is quite intense. K&N, Fontana Nissan, Group A, all seem to have unlimited budgets and very impressive setups.

We are the underdogs that basically barely manage getting tires since we don't have an actual sponsor other than our own wallets...while those guys do burnouts in their race slicks we try to conserve them so they last for the next event. Ha ha!!!

Its quite intense guys....come out and watch the battles...we will be pushing hard and will have once again more power!!! Hopefully it will be enough to keep up with them on the straights. We got em in the corners already ;)

And BTW our STi can drive on the street. Turning signals and lights do work, and the car is fully insured as both a race car and a street car. Registration is up to date, and it can pass emissions.

They still have a street tire class.

-Adam@THM

redlinflierround3.jpg

Thanks for the response. I wish the website put up more info about the teams, would be interesting to know where everyone was coming from.

I'll try to make another event before the season is out, most aren't too far of a drive from Phoenix.

Thanks for the response. I wish the website put up more info about the teams, would be interesting to know where everyone was coming from.

I'll try to make another event before the season is out, most aren't too far of a drive from Phoenix.

Yeah they are working on that. Come by and witness the drama!

-Adam

I was hoping to make it out to willow but wasn't able to do so because I needed to work on my senior project. now that I have an NB mx-5 I would try to get drift and track days in at willow to practice then hopefully run a street class TA when it comes back around.

which organization are you talking about?

And last month, are you talking about the Modified Mag Shootout in AZ?

Lmk.

She runs for different teams sometimes. she ran the John Cooper Works Mini Cooper and has driven crowsworth's wrx before. I don't know what car she is running at this event though.
Yeah, last year I ran infineon RTA with ABF in the JCW Mini in addition to the Crawford Performance STi. I was planning on running the MSP this weekend in addition to the Crawford Peformance Scion tC, but my transmission went out in the MSP on Friday when I headed to the 15 to go to CA! Looking for a new tranny now.

Michelle, I didn't see you competing? Or did I miss something? Will be back at Vegas working on our STi and prepping it for round 3 of redline time attack!!!Swing by Paladin if you can!
I wish I could, but no car ATM. The tranny went out in the MSP :/ Need to find one quick!

No worries, I am trying to make the August event with the MSP :]

Lastly, I ended up with a 2nd place on Saturday and a 3rd on Sunday. Here's one of my favorite pix from Chris Harrington:

4_willow_027.jpg

Crawford Performance/Scion Racing Team Shot:
4_willow_002.jpg

ooh yeah crawford. why did i say crowsworth?? 0_o
lol

too bad about the tranny, but I am sure you have a good group of people who will get it back up and running in no time.

great job on the weekend.

Back