Red Mica GT ONLY available if I order Luxury package???

alirio

Hey there, love the forums.

sorry to have my first post be a downer, but...

I ordered a Mazda5 GT Manual transmission in Red Mica WITHOUT the luxury package to lease for 4 years.

Left a 500$ deposit. Sale would be conditional upon lease agreement and test drive. So far, we haven't had a test drive.

Was told it would take a few weeks... no problem... I'm not in a rush.

I get a call today stating that the order came in, but the car isn't RED MICA, it's grey!

He then tells me they Mazda doesn't make 2010 GTs in Red Mica that don't have leather seats!!!!

I called two other dealerships in town (Montreal) and they each told me they hadn't heard of such a thing and that they could order what I want.

How do I handle this? Is it even possible that this guy is telling the truth???

I am so livid right now!

What would you do in such a situation... walk away, or try to leverage this B.S. to get the Luxury package Red Mica for GT price?

Thanks,
Alirio

You did not sign a contract right? Even if you did, they did not order what you wanted. You can do whatever you want at this point, including demanding your deposit back and going elsewhere.

Personally though, the Red Mica only comes in the beige interior and I wouldn't want beige fabric. The leather would be so much easier to keep clean. Try to negotiate the GT + luxury for nearly the lease rate of GT only.

Last edited:
if you go to the Canadian Mazda website, it allows you to 'build' the car the way you like; there didn't seem to be any restictions on how you wated to order yours.
I think your dealer just couldn't find it at any other dealer.
btw, the fabric isn't exactly 'beige', at least in the US. here it's called 'sand', but it's more like a light, light gray.
here we can only get the manual w/ the sport model.

Lol it's called Sand in Canada as well. I prefer lighter colours but after the incident of my dog ingesting half a bottle of Vitamin C pills then vomitting orange all in my Corolla with light interior (stank for weeks too), I would never go with light coloured fabric again... light or dark leather or dark fabric only.

Well... Just got back from the dealer...

He expressed his most profound apologies and admitted he made a mistake.

He ordered our car with the wrong colour code and then while scrambling to find a solution, mistook a line from an email mentioning how Black, white and mica red are not available in "base models" as also meaning GT without luxury package.

In fact, it's the GS that that isn't available in those colours.

There is a red mica manual GT in Ottawa right now, and they'll try to get it to Montreal ASAP IF it isn't sold yet...

We took a 2010 GS with Traction Control option for a test drive tonight. This car is AWESOME!!!

P.S. Thanks for your replies :)

look at what I found in the "regional promotion" section of Mazda.ca website:

Test Drive, get up to $100. Purchase, get up to $1,000.
Now, driving a Mazda is more rewarding than ever. Test-drive any new 2010 Mazda and you could get up to
$100. Purchase any 2010 Mazda, and get 10 times that amount up to $1,000 towards your purchase. Thats
above and beyond all other savings! Ω
For program details visit mazdagotime.ca​

I saw that, I may go to every dealership and test drive every single car just for the heck of it lol.

I saw that, I may go to every dealership and test drive every single car just for the heck of it lol.

Sorry did not read anything after Red mazda 5. You got hosed..

I sell in ottawa and we have not had Red or Redfire for ummmm 2 years.

Sorry...go for aluminum it is hot.. ;)

FYI the best Value for the buc is the Comfort GS....JMO

Last edited:
FYI the best Value for the buc is the Comfort GS....JMO

AGREED!!! It's too bad the GS with comfort package wasn't around when I was shopping around for a 5. Sure I like my sunroof, fog lights, 17" alloys, rear spoiler, side skirts, but I don't need those things...

The moon roof is THE reason we're getting the GT. We are very excited about the moon roof... always wanted one.

I hate to say this about any 5, but the GS 5 makes me barf. I need the fog lights, side sills, rear spoiler, 17" wheels, and sunroof of the GT to maintain my love affair. I hated the idea of paying new prices for the GT, so we got the 07'. Not much more than a grand difference between the GS and the GT on the used market. I love used as well.

The moon roof is THE reason we're getting the GT. We are very excited about the moon roof... always wanted one.

And its a pretty quiet one, as far as big gaping holes in the roof go. My Accord's moonroof raises the interior sound level very noticable at 50 mph, and that's closed. Need to have the shade closed as well for freeway driving.

I hate to say this about any 5, but the GS 5 makes me barf. I need the fog lights, side sills, rear spoiler, 17" wheels, and sunroof of the GT to maintain my love affair. I hated the idea of paying new prices for the GT, so we got the 07'. Not much more than a grand difference between the GS and the GT on the used market. I love used as well.

What he said!

we're just the opposite. when I didn't have one, I thought I wanted it. I had 2 626's w/o, and a '00MPV w/o. but I never used it in my VUE, and in my'96 MPV, it was just something for the kids to look up out of while we were parked. otherwise, never opened it.
I'm really happy now w/ our Mazda5 sport w/o. lots of headroom.

Back