Recall #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats so wrong to be a tardinal fan! Atleast UK knows we suck at football, e.g. you wont hear opposing crowds yelling over-rated at us!

Perfecto...Calling Perfecto...And all Canadian Mazda5 owners!!!

THIS WAS NOT A DREAM!

I was @ the dealer today looking for winter rims and , my sales guy came and told me about some compensation. THEN the service manager said he heard about it. I went to the owner and asked him if true, and he looked it up.

The owner read the e-mail right in front of me, wouldn't print it out for me though, but I saw it!

Parts SUPPOSED to be this week sometime(not counting on that), warranty start from Dec., and $500 mailed to the owners of the 5'z.

He also touched on somthing about getting ANOTHER personalized Roots bag from Mazda....

WE SHALL SEE..... :>)

It made my day hearing that today! I was really worried that Mazda Canada would not step up as USA did.

FrostyCarbon said:
Perfecto...Calling Perfecto...And all Canadian Mazda5 owners!!!

THIS WAS NOT A DREAM!

I was @ the dealer today looking for winter rims and , my sales guy came and told me about some compensation. THEN the service manager said he heard about it. I went to the owner and asked him if true, and he looked it up.

The owner read the e-mail right in front of me, wouldn't print it out for me though, but I saw it!

Parts SUPPOSED to be this week sometime(not counting on that), warranty start from Dec., and $500 mailed to the owners of the 5'z.

He also touched on somthing about getting ANOTHER personalized Roots bag from Mazda....

WE SHALL SEE..... :>)

It made my day hearing that today! I was really worried that Mazda Canada would not step up as USA did.

What is a personlaized "Roots" bag?

Oh and i heard form Mazda USA that teh parts were shipping today and the plan was to have all 5's fixed by end of month.

Roots Canada is a company that just makes quality(better than average anyway) clothes and hats, and the like, with their Roots Canada logo on it.

The 1st (+-)1200 Mazda 5's sold in Canada got one of these leather carry on type bags(18"x18"x3ft?) for the owners. Cheesy promotional thing. Mazda logo on it. Not a huge deal, just a nice perk.

i'm in Toronto, called dealer but they hvn't got any info yet, no parts, no money so far. delay in eastern coast?

This just in from Mazda:

1175386711.jpg

:)

per capita doesnt really matter to mazda. They see canada=$$$ and USA =$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ despite a per capita. Plus Mazda has a better hold on the canadian market, so why kiss their asses when they will buy mazdas anyway.

Spoke to my dealer. He said that the software fix should be to them by the end of the week and the heat sheild in next week.

So a little more wait, but the light is at the end of this long tunnel.

BTW, unrelated question. Before losing their 5, did anyone else see this problem? Under the gas cap there is a small piece of rubber that covers the spout as what I assume is a splash guard. The first time it got splashed with gas though it became unglued. I'm having the dealer look at it, but wondered if anyone else saw this.

If anyone can remember that is.

Good news Canadians. My wife just called and told me that we got the letter today. It seems to be identical to the US letter picture posted earlier:

- Parts at dealerships week of Oct 24th
- Dealers told to give 5s priority for fix; should have them 1st/2nd week Nov.
- Warranty reset to start Dec 1, 2005
- Cheque for $500 (Cdn) to be received 4-6 weeks after getting 5 back

Nice. I guess me and Mazda can be friends again.

vizeta said:
i'm in Toronto, called dealer but they hvn't got any info yet, no parts, no money so far. delay in eastern coast?

I was in my dealership (Carling Motors, Ottawa) yesterday. They had parts and were effecting repairs before my very eyes. A Mazda5 had resumed its place in the showroom.

Also: the new "redesigned" cargo covers are avaliable and they even had some in stock though I didn't get to see them myself.

I get my car back today. :) They are going to wash her, and give her a full tank of gas, as well as all the compensation outlined above.

Happy day!

Dealer just called me, parts are in, will drop off car tonight should have later tomorrow. Its all bolt on no cutting of exhaust parts to install heat shield.

perfecto said:
I get my car back today. :) They are going to wash her, and give her a full tank of gas, as well as all the compensation outlined above.

Happy day!

Damn my dealership in Mass didn't ave any info yet. If Ottawa is getting parts I have to think that the East Coast isn't far behind. Funny It's only been a day since Mazda supposedly started shipping parts. It seems pretty interestign that parts made it from Japan to Ottawa in a day. Somethings up.

I e-mailed Mazda Canada last night via the address that Perfecto left to see if they would confirm the offer.
They wrote today, that it is true, and the letter is in the mail stating everything mentioned.

Good news all round I'd say.
Except the kids will be disappointed to give the Chry.300 back. They just love it for some reason....

Thats awesome, except I too took it in with a full tank of gas. Gosh nab it to poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back