Recall #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
jagsouth1 said:
I was informed by Mazda in Irvine, Ca. that all current Mazda5 owners will receive a check for $500.00. The warranty will begin in Jan, 06 and all repairs should be complete the week of Oct. 24th.

That would be good. Can anyone else confirm?

jagsouth1 said:
I was informed by Mazda in Irvine, Ca. that all current Mazda5 owners will receive a check for $500.00. The warranty will begin in Jan, 06 and all repairs should be complete the week of Oct. 24th.
What do you mean "the warranty will begin in Jan. 06"?
Is that when these alleged checks will be mailed?

the_saint said:
What do you mean "the warranty will begin in Jan. 06"?
Is that when these alleged checks will be mailed?

I think this means that the warranty will be extended. In other words, if I bought my car in July 05, the warrantee will be extended for 6 months (i.e., the warrantee's expiration date will be set as if I bought the car in Jan 06).

smaria said:
I think this means that the warranty will be extended. In other words, if I bought my car in July 05, the warrantee will be extended for 6 months (i.e., the warrantee's expiration date will be set as if I bought the car in Jan 06).

If this is true it's great news.

jagsouth1 said:

Jesus, I better get that letter out to Mazda Canada.

$500

Perfect!

There's that aftermarket ovehead DVD I was salivatin over!!! (dance)

If only it could be confirmed/corroborated...

i don't hv too much hope from Mazda Canada. Just paid my 2nd payment, feels like i'm paying to the chevy suv (loaner). :(

Just asked my Canadian dealer... he says he didn't have any information about what the status was for the cars other than "trying to get them back to us as soon as possible".

He didn't have any idea about the fixes in the US scheduled for week of Oct.24

Anybody hear anything different?

Last edited:
"stuck" in port

dracore said:
Just asked my Canadian dealer... he says he didn't have any information about what the status was for the cars other than "trying to get them back to us as soon as possible".

He didn't have any idea about the fixes in the US scheduled for week of Oct.24

Anybody hear anything different?

I spoke to my Canadian dealer over the weekend in regards to the 5 we have had on order since August 6th. He stated the following (only after it became clear I had been researching the recall):

The dealership had 50+ Mazda5 vehicles on the back lot that were "owned" - meaning they had plates & insurance. These 50 vehicles would be taking priority for part installation, once the parts arrived. He did not know for sure when parts were arriving, but had also heard Oct.24th mentioned, but could not confirm. When parts arrive he will have one or two dedicated techs on duty just to perform the work in order to get these 50 vehicles done ASAP. He also alluded to the fact that all dealerships may not be getting enough parts up front to do all of the repairs (scary), and that they will be placed in a priortiy sequence. He also alluded to the fact it may take until mid november for the repairs to be completely finished.

For those like myself who had a 5 on order, the story seems to get worse. The dealer had no 5's "for sale" on the lot - ie: everything sitting in the back was already owned by someone, as all shipments to the dealerships were immediately suspended when the recall came to light. It appears our 5 may be one of many "stuck" in port. The dealer said that all repairs to these vehicles will be done in the port BEFORE they are released to the dealers. The dealers will only be fixing units that they have already sold. He also said that the repairs in port may be done in no great hurry (WONDERFUL!). He alluded to the end of November as a potential for us to get our vehicle.

So hopefully that sheds some light. I don't know what to believe at this point. Our Mazda5 was originally promised to arrive in mid-September. The end of November seems like a LONG time away. I am quite displeased at the lack of info overall (no dealer followup up to this point through this whole process).

Last edited:
Thank you for shopping at Signature Mazda. I've heard SO many horror stories about them, including some from former employees.

--update--

perfecto said:
Thank you for shopping at Signature Mazda. I've heard SO many horror stories about them, including some from former employees.
LOL! Well guess what - it gets even better...

Got a call today from the dealership. They explained that Mazda has sent a letter to all dealers in Canada explaining that they are not getting any Mazda5s for the time being. I guess there are none in "port" after all (huh?). There was a very long explanation as to why there were no vehicles coming, but to summarize they stated that vehicle production has been or is stopped for 2 months. The Dealer said to be realistic I am looking at December or January at the EARLIEST. They have people who put money down in July and August whose vehicles aren't even scheduled to be STARTED until December. They kindly offered to refund our deposit, and said we are basically out of luck. What a wonderful buying experience this is!

Anyone selling a 5 in Vancouver?

pbdave said:
He also alluded to the fact it may take until mid november for the repairs to be completely finished.

(bang)

Just the thought of mid-November gets my blood boiling. I'd really like some more news from Mazda USA at this point. The 24th is 4 business days away, I have hard time believing that the fix will be shipped within that time if it is not already on the boat.

Just spoke to Mazda USA

Johaan said:
(bang)

Just the thought of mid-November gets my blood boiling. I'd really like some more news from Mazda USA at this point. The 24th is 4 business days away, I have hard time believing that the fix will be shipped within that time if it is not already on the boat.

The nice lady told me that everything was still on target for parts to go out on the 24th. She also said they got word from Japan that the letter will go out today.

Johaan said:
(bang)

I doubt they will be shipping them by boat - it takes 3 weeks+ for the vehicles to get here on the boat from Japan, so its not the most efficient method. The parts are supposed to be pretty minimal. Hope your gets fixed soon!

pbdave said:
I doubt they will be shipping them by boat - it takes 3 weeks+ for the vehicles to get here on the boat from Japan, so its not the most efficient method. The parts are supposed to be pretty minimal. Hope your gets fixed soon!

Figure of speech man, but thanks. I hope it does as well.

Last edited:
pbdave said:

Yeah I'm thinking Fedex global. The woman I spoke to did say that Owners are getting priority but she admitted that she did not know how the parts would be shipped or where they're being manufacturered. I have to think that Mazda would use a manufacturer in NA for cost-reasons. How hard is it to fabricate a heat shield and a new muffler? And the PCM update can probably be e-mailed :)

A little birdie told me that the parts to fix our 5s will be in around the 24th and that we will be getting $500 to do whatever with. I think I'm going to but some Mazda3 lowering springs. (lol2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back