Rear suspension

Aloger

:
2003Mazda Protege 5
Hi guys,

I did search but I just could not find what I needed.

I have a 2003 protege 5 and I want to get rear struts, stabilizer links, and stabilizer bar bushings but when i go to mazda-parts.com it asks whether I have sport suspension, no sport suspension, or MPS suspension. Which does the protege 5 have? I am guessing no sport suspension? But i want to make sure before ordering. Also, is mazda-parts.com the best place to buy from or is there a better oem online place to buy from? Thanks

the Protege5 and ES are actually the "Sport" suspension. the "Non-Sport" is the LX/DX, and the "MPS" is for the MP3 and Mazdaspeed.

the Protege5 and ES are actually the "Sport" suspension. the "Non-Sport" is the LX/DX, and the "MPS" is for the MP3 and Mazdaspeed.

what makes the sport suspension different from the non-sport? As far as I knew, the P5 and all of the sedans used exactly the same suspension components.

Is it the strut bar?

what makes the sport suspension different from the non-sport? As far as I knew, the P5 and all of the sedans used exactly the same suspension components.

Is it the strut bar?

The parts aren't exactly the same, but they do all interchange (fit other models). DX/LX have slightly softer strut valving, and slightly softer/longer rear springs. The ES rear springs are also different from PR5 rear springs. Sway bar diameters are a teeny bit larger on the ES/PR5 too. One part is identical, front springs for the manual trans 2.0L are all the same across the trim lines. MPS/MP3 are all different parts, but they do fit the other models. The MSP/MP3 rear sway bar does require the beefier rear subframe though to do it right

Back