Rear Passenger Seatbelt won't retract

mWxo3

Anyone know what's up with it? It won't retract.. all my friend did was put it on.. then when we left the car, the seatbelt won't go back in.. I tried pulling on it a few times..

I'm going to try to take it apart to check it out once it gets a little warmer here.

I read in the service manual that if it doesn't retract.. then something's wrong with the roller and it's not repairable.. therefore I need a new one?

its a child safety lock for when there's a baby seat in the car, there's a way to unlock it with a screwdriver, no need to "take it apart"

bumping this.

Same problem today with my 3.

Friends put in a car seat and i can't get the seat out or get the belt to extend or retract.

I read the manual and it mentions "automatic locking mode" but doesn't say how to release it.

Thanks

hmmm no word on how to release this? mine just did the same thing. lol

On some cars it works like this, not sure if that is the case here:

1. Plug the tongue into the buckle.
2. Pull the belt all the way out and the retractor will click, the belt is now in automatic locking mode.
3. Let the belt retract until the child seat is snug. The belt will retract, but it won't extend.
4. To exit this mode first release the seatbelt tongue from the buckle. The belt should extend and retract normally.

I'm not sure what happens if the belt is fully extended when it isn't plugged into the buckle. It may be that it will still go into automatic locking mode. In which case it probably must be buckled and then unbuckled to release this mode.

Back