re: Spray Paint on Car

Protege52003

Contributor
:
'08 Jetta; '10 Wrangler Unlimited
re: Spray Paint on Car

Hi Everyone,

Got a call from the wife a little while ago. Guy lost a can out of his truck on 190 or 290 which blew up in the road. Was a can of black spray paint!

State police was notified but no one got the guys plate.

We have a white Jetta!

She said it is on the hood, lower bumper and windshield. Sounds bad but I have not seen it.

Car has a good coat of wax on from the fall.

How easy is this going to come off.....?????
I ran over some red wet paint in my P5 and i never really got it off.

Please let me know your thoughts.

-R

Attachments

• Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    570.2 KB · Views: 136
Post photos later of the paint. You coming to the Spring Clean meet? It's best to get off as soon as possible. She should have been able to wipe it off before it dried.

was going to try to get down.

i really don't want to see it beuase the wife sounded upset!

I won't see it till late tonight. have dinner plans after work then going to see fast and furious!

No it will not hurt cured paint. I use it all the time to get rid of overspray on fresh paint or cured paint with spray paint on it. It should not hurt the chrome plating either unless its already worn off.

No it will not hurt cured paint. I use it all the time to get rid of overspray on fresh paint or cured paint with spray paint on it. It should not hurt the chrome plating either unless its already worn off.

I wont hurt the Paint IF you dont let it sit on there... It will take a thin layer of the clear coat off but as long as you dont dump the bottle or wipe the same area for hours you should be fine.

the absolute best thing to use is clay bar. I oversprayed one time and got it all over the hood of car. I used clay bar and it came right out. If its solid blotches get a lot of it. You can get it at any autozone or car place that sells detailing stuff. Mothers makes the best its what i use. But make sure if you clay bar you wax after because it takes off anything on top of the original paint.

His paint is cured. It won't remove anything but the black spray paint. I use it all of the time w/o issue and have for decades.

I'm also a Platinum Certified I-Car body tech... and yes it will soften the clear... not enough to worry about it, but you cant be stupid with it or you could mess it up. Like you said, it wont hurt anything if you're careful, but to say it wont do anything at all isn't completely true.

went to see the car at lunch (wife works 1/2 mile from my work)!

paint on bumper, grill, hood, windshield, mirrors, roof and I did not look at the sides.......

-R

Attachments

• JettaPaint.jpg
    JettaPaint.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 123
  • JettaPaint2.jpg
    JettaPaint2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 124
Yeah a good thing that the actual can didnt hit the car though so i guess thats a plus.

that's not as bad as I was expecting.

at least the car doesn't look like someone tried to put the front end in blackface makeup.

we can also clay and buff that s***.. the buffer should put a nice dent into removing that paint

Back