CX-5 Headlight washer spraying time

hsdejong

Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line Black Comfort Pack
With my new CX-5 I have for the first time a car with headlight washers.

I understand that they only work when the headlights are on. Using the windshield washers twice quickly activates the headlight washers.
If you use the windshield washers for the first time after starting the car and with the headlights on, the headlight washers will work once automatically.

My question is whether the spraying time (i.e. the amount of water) is fixed.

I don't think this is an option on North American CX-5 models.

I have headlight washers on my '12 Lexus GX 460 (Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Kakadu).

Operation is the same on my GX 460... just the first time of windshield washer use with headlights on.

I can't answer on spray time... I know on my older Lexus it is fixed.

unavailable in US so better to ask in the EU/UK forum. They have it almost on all trims over the pond or alternatively can check the users manual :)

I thought this was an international forum...
Which EU forum do you mean?
To reply to myself ;-)

On "Mazda CX-5 Forums UK" there is very little traffic.
That's why I tried it on this forum, which is more lively.
But I didn't know that the CX-5 in the US doesn't have headlight washers.

In the EU, headlight washers are mandatory on headlights that exceed a certain brightness, such as XENON or LED lights.

The users manual is the first place for me to look for answers, but an answer to my question is not in the manual.

I wish more models had them here in US. Great for melting ice/snow off the headlights in the middle of winter blizzards ..use it for that all the time on my GX in the mountain passes

the german forum is very active too but you need google translate :)

I had washers for headlights on my previous cars. You just keep pressing the switch few times and it just sprays. Try it out and see how it works.
As a separate note, I hated the system
because it uses all the water and you have to fill in quite often.

Yes, I can try it out, but I will wait for a rainy day, because I spray the front of the car full of windshield washer fluid. Or I try it out just before I drive the car through the car wash.
I was hoping that visitors to this forum might already know the answer.

Fortunately on my GX it has a massive washer tank but I imagine on a smaller vehicle it would be consumption concern.

Because it is raining today I checked the operation of the headlight washers. The rain then washes the excess windshield wiper fluid from the windshield and headlights.

To answer my own question:
It doesn't matter how long (or short) I operate the windshield washers, which in turn activate the headlight washers. The headlight washers spray windshield wiper fluid onto the headlights for a short, fixed time (and therefore amount).

Back