RB or Magnaflow catback?

ssd_pr5

:
Silver Protege5
This will be my first upgrade on the exhaust system. I'm leaning toward the RB from NSNmotorsports but I was wondering if it was compatible to some of the Midpipes out there. Not looking for anything too much louder than stock, but still looking for some small gains. If anyone has seen/heard either one or even both of these systems, feel free to chime in.

I have the RB system on my '03 ES. I love it. Sounds great, quiet at idle and a nice growl under acceleration. Looks nice too with the oval tip, that sets you apart from all the huge round tips. I can't vouch for compatibility with any midpipes as I still have the stock system from the pre-cat back. I bought it a year ago from a place on eBay (who was also on this board) for around $460, but I understand they went out of business.

Yeah. These two were my final two choices because from what I've heard, they're probably the quietest. I've found the RB for around $400 brand new but haven't really gotten into shopping around for the magnaflow yet.

Also, if anyone has either of these exhausts..Did you get kartboy hangers to go with them? Or are the oem hangers fine? Kartboy is local to me, so I'm thinking of picking up the hangers from them before I get the exhaust in. Any input on how necessary these are? Thanks in advance!

I am also running the RB catback. You can get the kartboy hangers if you wish, but its not needed. The OEM hangers will work fine.

rb and love it!

Attachments

• PA060035.JPG
    PA060035.JPG
    444.5 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
I got the Kartboy hangers. They hold the RB up nice and tight. As RedPro said you can run the stock hangers. I think over time they might stretch and allow the exhaust to move around more, but that is supposition on my part.

I have the RB catback. I love it. It has a nice, deep tone to it when you get on the gas otherwise its quiet. Looks good too. I have the kartboy hangers on it now because after awhile the stock hangers begin to sag and the exhaust moves around. Also I have the catback matched up with the MAM midpipe with highflow cat. It matched up fine with no problems.

SIBalla23 said:
I have the RB catback. I love it. It has a nice, deep tone to it when you get on the gas otherwise its quiet. Looks good too. I have the kartboy hangers on it now because after awhile the stock hangers begin to sag and the exhaust moves around. Also I have the catback matched up with the MAM midpipe with highflow cat. It matched up fine with no problems.

Cool, thanks! Just the response I was looking for. I'm thinking about the same exact setup. How does it sound with the midpipe? and gains?

It sounds great. No loud, droning, raspy type noise at all. Its a deep tone wit the midpipe. Have only gotten good compliments from it. I felt a lil gain from the catback, and I felt more of a gain with the midpipe. Most of the gains were from the mid to upper rpm band.

Last edited:
SIBalla23 said:
It sounds great. No loud, droning, raspy type noise at all. Its a deep tone wit the midpipe. Have only gotten good compliments from it. I felt a lil gain from the catback, and I felt more of a gain with the midpipe. Most of the gains were from the mid to upper rpm band.

That's good to hear. I'm probably gonna order the catback this weekend and the midpipe later on down the road. That's a nice n/a setup you have there. Thanks again man.

i heard the racing beat in person like a week ago and omg it sound freakin awsome my choice would be the racing beat sounds awsome and there dyno sais an almost 5hp gain dont know if its true or not but it sounds unbelievable

I have the RB catback on my MSP since about 3 weeks now and my only regret is that I should have got it much sooner instead of waistin money with custom setups. It's perfect!! VERY NICE SOUND, no drone on highway, good power, flawless quality, disceet yet distinctive. It's the one to have IMHO :)

Back