ATP GT3076R Garrett Turbo Only Upgrade: MAZDASPEED 6, MAZDASPEED3
$1,579.00

DNP Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold: MAZDASPEED 6, MAZDASPEED 3
$489.00

Mazdaspeed3 Stage 2 Power Pack - 326 Ft. lbs & 309 Wheel Horsepower
$1344

TurboXS Mazdaspeed 3 Front Mount Intercooler
$899.95

Sounds like the making of a 11sec Speed 3. Wish I had the $$$ to do all that.

this is merely a "wishlist" something that i have neither time nor money for. i just wanted opinions on my mock up shopping cart. hell, i dont even own an ms3 yet. hopefully soon.

i dont know how ms3's tuning works but if it is like other cars, just go to a dyno and get them to burn a chip with a custom tune for the application.

Or ... you could get the Cobb AP that comes out in late March (drive2). I think even CP-E offers tuning solutions as we speak.

save money from brakes, our brakes are huge as it is

Agree
2930373_19_full.jpg

i think the clutch is not needed personally. no one has needed an upgrade yet. also the spec clutches are desinged for the regular 3. yes they will work on the ms3, but i am willing to bet the stage 2 is actually worse than stock. i think you would need to up to at least a stage 3+ or higher. i also would steer you away from the SU stuff and consider stuff from protege garage..... thats just me though !

From what I've been reading the turbo timer, boost controller and BOV are mostly unneccessary and possibly harmful (BOV). I think your money would be best spent on an EMS solution (the Cobb AP will make that Dashhawk redundant plus increase performance with p-n-p), a good intake (leaning towards MS or CP-E) and a good cat-back system to keep it legal (leaning towards MS) to start. Of course, putting in an FMIC, a bigger turbo and upgraded suspension (MS or Cobb) will really round it out nicely. I'd say you're looking at about $1429-3065+, 93-132+HP, 30-76+ Torque.
I agree with the others about deleting the brakes and clutch upgrades too.
Just my $.02

Last edited:
any specs on the cobb ap?
and if i get the cobb can i just cut out the boost controller and turbo timer? are they built in to cobb's?

Last edited:
No definitive specs on the Cobb AP. I've read somewhere from 25-50 HP increase with stock. From what I've read at the Cobb Updates post on the other forum, the AP is not currently slated to incorporate turbo timer functionality. You can control boost maybe as far as with the maps. But the reason why I felt that the BOV wasn't very useful was that I've read that the BOV is mostly pointless (possibly harmful), except for making that satisfying whooshing noise when it vents. Now I know I'm opening up Pandora's box, but that's just what I've gleaned from reading various posts, and I know there are many who have invested in a BOV. The turbo timer would be mostly irrelevant imho because you can always drive responsibly, just like you would with a CAI when there's water on the ground. I'm not sure about the boost controller because I feel like an EMS would allow you to get the most out of your turbo, and do it safely--although it wouldn't give you as much control.

I could be wrong, I'm still trying to make sense this stuff out myself!

I also forgot that I would like to add a nice grounding system like the ones from BuddyClub or Apexi. Ever hook up a PMP to the Aux while charging from the CLA? Buzzzzzzzz...

They both manage engine performance. The Xede and CP-E Standback both intercept signals to the ECU and currently require installation, while the AP re-writes the ECU directly and plugs into your OBDII port. I don't have much data for the actual performance gains from either EMS, Xede claims gains of
66HP and 80 Torque stock. Since the AP isn't out for the MS3 yet, I'm guessing 25-50HP. And I don't have much data for the Standback, but it looks like 20HP from what I've seen.

XEDE Technical Specifications

* 1200 possible adjustments
* 0.1% accuracy on MAF, MAP, Boost and TPS adjustments
* 0.1degree accuracy on timing adjustments
* Fully sealed, rugged, and lightweight housing
* Support for hall and reluctor type crank and / or cam timing signals Support for analog or frequency MAF and MAP / load signals
* Two additional 10-bit analog input
* One auxiliary digital input / output
* Internal storage space for up to 12 tuning maps, and two map banks
* Ability to control boost, knock sensor, and injection water spray
* Self-configurable load axis, input and output variables, adjustment range, and math function for each map
* 'Map Select' input to change between one of two unique tuning maps
* Dual Maps set up. Ability to switch maps 'on the fly'.
* Tri-color status LED
* External LED and shift light integration available
* Coming Soon - Wideband Integration

AccessPORT Features Include:

Improve horsepower, torque, and fuel economy at the touch of a button

Display vehicle data such as boost, RPM, temperatures and more while you drive

Easy installation, no mechanical or computer skills necessary

Connects to your vehicle via the OBD-II port conveniently located under your dash

Exclusive ability to switch between different 'modes' on the fly

Pre-calibrated to maximize performance of stock or modified vehicles

Easy-to-read color display

Update over the Internet to stay up-to-date with the latest features

Read engine trouble codes (DTC) yourself, eliminating trips to the dealership

Not a "piggyback" - once vehicle's computer has been programmed by the AccessPORT, it can be removed and the settings will stay on your computer.

Not just an "ECU reflash" - AccessPORT features enhancements such as on-the-fly mode switching, data monitors, reading DTCs, performance monitors and more

Can be custom tailored to your vehicle by our extensive network of professional tuners

Back