Random beeping sound

VTHiker

This just started yesterday. I'm driving along and hear this beeping noise from the dashboard area.
-the noise doesn't happen immediately after starting the car and driving. It seems to happen after it has warmed up.
-I thought it might be a weak battery in the keyless unit so I tried the other unit. No change.
-no warning lights on dash
-not influenced by acceleration, braking, cornering, etc.
-will beep once or in groups at random intervals.
-I'm trying to figure out what this beep sound is also used for...like door open, etc.
-turned the stereo off. no effect.
-beep volume is at a consistant level.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Sounds like the TPMS sensor perhaps. Check the air pressure. perhaps the light is out.

Mine go off when the pressure hits about 27PSI.

I've been driving and it starts beeping. But it's the key. For whatever reason, the car suddenly thinks that there's no remote key to be found and gives me the warning.

pro510,
In your case, when key is not found in proximity, there is usually a light in the dash.
The OP sees no light in the dash, and he replaced the battery of the SmartCard.
It is still a mystery to me.
Any update, VTHiker?

Hello my CX-9 Grand touring also has started this random beeping no lights come on the dash. I was wondering if anyone has gotten an answer or resolution to this problem/ annoyance? I think my delership thinks i'm crazy

Check your parking brake. It will beep if you leave it even slightly engaged. Maybe the BSM system is picking up false obstructions. Do you notice if the BSM indicators are lit up in your side view mirrors when the beeping occurs?

Are you using your seatbelt? Do you have a heavy object on the passenger seat? I've had my laptop case trip the weight sensor in the passenger seat of all of my cars at one point or another. It can cause the sensor to trip and turn off as you are driving and really make you crazy.

I've had this problem too...happened about 3 times in 11 months...weird kinda freaks you out when driving...then just stops...

it's the dimmer switch, turn it to full bright then full dim and back to your desire setting, the beep goes away. I had this random beeping going on before and this fixes it.

The beeping noise is it caused by interference from the bluetooth transceiver. It is present when the transceiver is searching for a device with which to connect. Once a connection is made the interference reduces in level such that it is barely detectable. If you lack a bluetooth device or don't wish to connect one, cancel the interference by turning on the radio and selecting "AUX".

Beeping noise resolved

It was the dimmer switch! Turned it up and then down a couple of times and the problem has been resolved.

Back