radio just up and shut off last night...

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring w/bose-tech
so we're driving along coming home from road trip listening to music and using the nav, when all of a sudden no more music, look over screens black...
after a second, its the blue sky background with mazda logo, then the audio screen is up saying 'audio off' in the middle
push the power button and it turns back on, but the presets in radio are cleared out and there is no sound

start playing around with it and find out volume is set to 0, and all the settings in the setup screen are reverted to default (bass/treble/fade audio pilot, etc)
fix all those settings back and seems to be operating normally then almost go deaf when nav issues a direction because now its volume is at full (previous stereo was around 25-30 and nav was set to 20)

goin to mazda today to pick up my weathertechs and see about the wife bargaining for her own cx5 so i'll tell them about it see what they say

they never heard of it happening before and were baffled by it, so just gonna watch and see if it does it again

a fuse not making a perfect connection? I've heard of that happening because of a fuse not perfectly in place.

Sounds to me like it overheated and reset itself to cool down. Was it really warm outside with no ac on?

Stromdriver, you might try turning things on like they were when it failed and pulling the fuse to the radio. If the same things occur - loss of preset, vol etc. it is likely a loose connection to the power of the radio, if it acts differently - does not loose presets then it is more likely to be internal short in the radio in my opinion...

Back